Blocklist doesn't import on 1.20 rc1

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Lefty

Blocklist doesn't import on 1.20 rc1

Post by Lefty »

well installed the new rc1 and i have to report that
1. well the list is the same it already had but won't download the list even if i force download **this is my main concern out of the mentioned ones
by the way what happened to the options of the blocklist?
2. not related but getting a whole bunch of errors: tracker status related, timeouts and such which before didn't happen.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Blocklist doesn't import on 1.20 rc1

Post by johnnyg »

Could you give us a link to the blocklist?
There are no more options as the blocklist plugin now automatically detects the format.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

ok cool if it's automatic that's nice
and here is the link that was working until rigth before upgrading :

http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=ijfqtofzixtwayqovmxn

it's the Primary Threats by TGB one.

any info on the errors woke up and still have some the thing is the list of errors goes up and down example it will have 10 then go up to 15 then come back down to 8 as q noticed most errors have to do with the announce some of them are:

1.Error: The semaphore timeout period has expired
2.Error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
3.Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
4.Error: unregistered torrent

the thing is before the upgrade i had no issues with any of the torrents on my list so just wanted to give you heads up on this.... maybe a bug?

By the way quick question is it possible to add more then 1 list to deluge and if so how?
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Any update on this issue??
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

not yet, I've been able to reproduce it but I haven't had time to fix it.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Thanks, will soon be posting another bug i found when creating a torrent.
loki

Post by loki »

Maybe not the same problem with my blocklist but... I noticed that the blocklist doesn't load when Deluge first starts, it loads the blocklist plugin with the little lock icon but the list doesn't seem to import with the numbers usually behind it. Import blocklist on startup is set and the file is a local .gz, not a download link.
The way to get it to import is to go into plugins and disable and enable the blocklist plugin then it works fine as expected.

I have posted a message, in the forum anyway, about a bug in creating a torrent.
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 10#p105575
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Loki that was exactly the problem i had the little lock icon would show but nothing there besides that and if i put the list that i posted above and tried to import of force dl it wouldn't do it.

as for the creating a torrent i read that post and had something similar but in my case the torrent creation would hang at 105% :shock:
then hang so had to close it up and start it but the torrent did get created, but i weird thing happen to me that's why i went back to 1.1.9

I'm a uploader at the private tracker IPT mind you i only upload there, but when I created the torrent with 1.20Rc1 something odd happen.

As i uploaded the torrent and all that stuff after adding and applying the usual stuff tracker and checked private, it seems to have somehow not applied private (i'm just guessing here) even do i did check it and boy when i went to see i was seeding like with my name under about 8 different users and leeching at the same time with like 13 more with diff clients an ip's.
So i'm guessing somehow my announceURL got mixed in there at the creation by not applying the private.

Not sure if it was Deluge but just letting you know as i think it was and it didn't apply the check on private.
seqn
New User
New User

Post by seqn »

I couldn't get Deluge 1.2.0-rc2 to import a blocklist from a file:// URL, so I put the list on a web server, and then the import worked. Unfortunately I don't know how to tell whether Deluge is actually blocking peers... O_o

Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to enable debug logging, and the log contains "peer_blocked_alert" messages.