My Deluge 1.2.0-rc1-dev Issues

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
Freakapotamus

Re: My Deluge 1.2.0-rc1-dev Issues

Post by Freakapotamus »

loki wrote:Another thing I noticed is, first off I believe the web-ui is way better now but when adding a torrent it wouldn't let me change the options, the tab is grayed out.
I am also having the same issue. Also whenever I highlight a torrent and set some of the options and apply they never seem to take. I click on another torrent then back to the one I changed and its all reset again. The Web UI does not even seem to work at all in IE8.
iRule
New User
New User

Post by iRule »

First of all im sorry about my english.

I installed deluge 1.19 in my computer and when i open the program i can see the icon near the clock and the preview in aero peek but i cant open the main window! the program is seeding on the background as you can see on this image but the window dont pop up!

Anyone with win7 64bits having this problem?

The problem persists with version 1.20, i tried everything but i just cant put it to work, please help me!
Freakapotamus

Post by Freakapotamus »

iRule wrote:I installed deluge 1.19 in my computer and when i open the program i can see the icon near the clock and the preview in aero peek but i cant open the main window! the program is seeding on the background as you can see on this image but the window dont pop up!
Is it possible its off the screen?

If it does happen to be this try "Alt-Tab-ing" to Deluge. Once it thinks its in focus. Press "Windows Key"+Shift + "Left Arrow"

If it is off the screen this should bring it to your main monitor.
loki

Post by loki »

Also, just found out, on Vista once again... create torrent causes deluge to crash, it processes to 99% and then just freezes until windows says it is not responding, and it doesn't cancel.
loki

Post by loki »

Freakapotamus wrote:
Is it possible its off the screen?

If it does happen to be this try "Alt-Tab-ing" to Deluge. Once it thinks its in focus. Press "Windows Key"+Shift + "Left Arrow"

If it is off the screen this should bring it to your main monitor.
I believe what you're trying to refer to is the "Move" option it doesn't work this way... what you would do, assuming that Deluge is in the taskbar but the actual window is somewhere off screen, right-click it then click "Move" from that popup window then you can hopefully bring it back with a series of arrow keys (most likely left and/or up).
Freakapotamus

Post by Freakapotamus »

loki wrote: I believe what you're trying to refer to is the "Move" option it doesn't work this way... what you would do, assuming that Deluge is in the taskbar but the actual window is somewhere off screen, right-click it then click "Move" from that popup window then you can hopefully bring it back with a series of arrow keys (most likely left and/or up).
This works on my W7 multi-monitor setup at home. I have had it happen a few times I have left apps on my secondary screen and removed that monitor and had never found an easy way to get them back to the main screen without plugging it in again. I am not sure if this is new to W7 or something from Vista, but it definately never worked in XP
iRule
New User
New User

Post by iRule »

The program its not off the screen, check out the black background:

It seems like it's blocked, something dont let it come to front, i guess the problem its GTK+ runtime enviroment...
loki

Post by loki »

I don't have Win7 so I can't test the problem directly, all I can say is it doesn't do that for me on Vista. And just to make sure you installed it with it's own gtk version?

Did you try what was suggested or did you just deny that the program, for whatever reason, may be off screen and skip to the part where you upload another picture of the Windows Flip 3D?
damoxc
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by damoxc »

loki wrote:
damoxc wrote:Is that when adding a torrent via upload or url??
Yes it's for uploaded torrent through the web-ui, a couple problems for the web-ui... also noticed the remove or remove with data doesn't work, and the cancel button on add torrent dialog has to be pressed multiple times to close. Preferences and Connection Manager doesn't seem to change any settings to deluge.
I've managed to add a torrent both via upload and url without any problems. Webserver running on XP, using both Firefox and Chrome (I have no interest in supporting IE at this stage, it's too much effort). Remove with data seems to be working fine for me, as does remove (this is all using svn though).

I've noticed a bug in the add torrent dialog so I'll fix that (hopefully by RC2), but that is just to do with clearing the files list upon a close.

Preferences is also working fine for me.

The connection manager was changing things, just I hadn't updated it to refresh the host list instead of just updating the host data when a host is added, so that is now also fixed and the fix commited to svn ready for RC2.

If you are able to provide any errors from the console (Ctrl + Shift + J in FF) then that would help somewhat in finding out what the trouble is.
loki

Post by loki »

Adding a torrent comes with this error...

Error: Deluge.Client.core is undefined
Source File: http://localhost:8112/js/Deluge.Add.js
Line: 251

Trying to remove a torrent seemingly both these errors...

Source File: http://localhost:8112/js/Deluge.Details.Status.js
Line: 76

Source File: http://localhost:8112/js/Deluge.Details.Status.js
Line: 66

Open/change preferences...

Source File: http://localhost:8112/js/Deluge.Preferences.js
Line: 184

Source File: http://localhost:8112/js/Deluge.Preferences.js