Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
gazpachoking

Re: Feeder: a RSS-plugin for deluge >= 1.1

Post by gazpachoking »

marnixk wrote:Can/should I use regx in the filter settings or does it only support plain text
That doesn't look like proper regex to me. What I think you meant would be: .*True.Blood.*
I think just True.Blood should also work for you, but I haven't used this plugin in a while, so I can't be sure.
Olangu

Post by Olangu »

Would be great to add cookie functionality to feeder.

This was added to the deluge source a few days back: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/changeset/5607

So a per feed box for comma separated cookie-options.

Thanks for a great plugin!
feffe

Post by feffe »

Olangu wrote:Would be great to add cookie functionality to feeder.

This was added to the deluge source a few days back: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/changeset/5607

As soon as the webui in trunk is finished (or at least finished enough so that I can create configuration options) I will start porting the plugin for trunk (1.2), it's not unlikely that a cookie feature will be implemented then...
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Olangu wrote:Would be great to add cookie functionality to feeder.

actually that changeset was adding cookie support to webui,
the more useful changeset was adding support for sending headers to add_torrent_url: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/changeset/5502
which was added awhile back
squisher

Post by squisher »

Hi,
I just started using feeder (v0.4). I added an rss url, it shows the items just fine in the configuration, and they are direct links to torrent files. I added some filters, however, it does not download the filtered files. In the filter configuration, I see the match, but no torrent was added to the queue.

[Edit] I restarted deluged with loglevel debug. Feeder says the torrent in question is already in the history, and it won't download it. This would make sense if it actually had ;-).

[Edit 2] Ok, figure it out. The rss provided direct torrent links, but it also required a cookie to access it. When I tested it in the browser it obviously worked just fine... It's too bad that the notification deluge uses for failing to add a torrent from a URL is only visible on DEBUG level. IMHO it should be notice at least. Oh well, that's not feeders fault.

Does anyone know when 1.2 should be out? I don't really want to run from trunk to be honest.

Thanks!
eckstee

Post by eckstee »

I'm having problems with installation on Windows XP SP3. I put the .egg in my plugins directory (C:\Documents and Settings\my_user_name\Application Data\deluge\plugins) and restarted deluge and deluged (just to be sure), checked feeder and hit save, and... nothing. No config page in the webui at all. I can't find a feeder.conf anywhere either.

After reading this thread I tried adding feedparser as one poster suggested, but the directory structure for deluge in Program Files is completely different from what was suggested and I have no clue as to where to put feedparser so deluge can load it.

This is off of a fresh install of deluge version 1.1.9r that I downloaded a few days ago.
Bombur
New User
New User

Post by Bombur »

I tried to get this to work on windows and downloaded and installed this (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/FeedParser/4.1) package. Feeder now shows up on the plugins list, but when I enabled the Plugin, the GTK-Interface only shows rubbish, as expected, but on the webinterface, there is nothing. Any suggestions?
Kwb

Post by Kwb »

Bombur wrote:I tried to get this to work on windows and downloaded and installed this (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/FeedParser/4.1) package. Feeder now shows up on the plugins list, but when I enabled the Plugin, the GTK-Interface only shows rubbish, as expected, but on the webinterface, there is nothing. Any suggestions?
Well, I can only tell you this plugin works web-ui only.
feffe

Post by feffe »

Bombur: I don't use windows so I don't know how python packages works there, but most likely feedparser is not installed correctly :/

Squisher: the feeder plugin in trunk is not working atm. right now there is no way to configure feeder in 1.2 (and I'm not 100% sure that it can run on an old config either...)
Daisuke_Ido
New User
New User

Post by Daisuke_Ido »

After getting Feeder set up, I'm pretty impressed, however I can't figure out why it insists on redownloading things that I have already downloaded from a feed. Using Deluge 1.1.9, Feeder 0.4, and I do have Deluge set to remove torrents after they reach the desired seeding level, and also to move completed torrents to another directory. Any ideas?

Edit:
I'm also getting the following on a very regular basis, if it matters at all:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/deluge/core/core.py", line 415, in _add_torrent_file
    self.plugins.run_post_torrent_add(torrent_id)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/deluge/core/pluginmanager.py", line 138, in run_post_torrent_add
    function(torrent_id)
  File "/usr/share/python-support/deluge-core/deluge/plugins/Label-0.1-py2.6.egg/label/core.py", line 139, in post_torrent_add
KeyError: None
However, it kills neither the client nor the daemon. I'll try dumping the label plugin and see if that helps anything.

Edit 2:
Disabled the Label plugin, got rid of the segfaults. It appears to readd everything matched by every filter to the queue upon feed refresh or any change to the filters at all. I've got a hackish workaround going - instead of downloading to a central download directory and then moving, i have each filter downloading its files to the directory they'll end up in, so instead of redownloading them, it just checks them and removes them from the queue.