Creating and uploading a torrent.

bodycode
New User
New User

Creating and uploading a torrent.

Post by bodycode »

Very seriously confused about what to do after creating, and uploading, a torrent to a website.

The confusion comes from not actually knowing what to do, once a torrent is created and uploaded.

Do I leave Deluge running? Do I add the torrent that I created from a very large Iso file on my hard drive, to the "download" list? Do I "pause downloads" by hitting the pause button so that I don't start downloading other pieces that become available from my torrent, that other people are downloading? Do I MONITOR the torrent in the downloads window?

Do I select the "tracker" selection in the nav pane on the left hand side, but NOT downloads? None of that really is quite explained, or easy to find.

I'd really appreciate some help. Just to re-iterate, I have absolutely no trouble creating a torrent, adding a proper tracker, and uploading the torrent at all. It's the "after uploading" part that I don't quite get.

Regards,
Marsh
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Creating and uploading a torrent.

Post by johnnyg »

After you've created the torrent you need to add it to deluge so that you can seed it.
Easiest way to do this is to tick "Add this torrent to the session" under "Options" when creating the torrent.
Otherwise if you've already created the torrent but haven't added it to the session, do so.
Deluge should check that you have all the pieces and then the status should change to seeding.
Now you can upload the .torrent to a torrent site or send it privately to your friends.

Make sense?
bodycode
New User
New User

Post by bodycode »

Peace uh-cake :) Thanks.

Although, it will still look like "downloading" :) But I gotcha.

Another interesting thing. Do I have to "add" for each uploaded website? ie; add for demonoid, add another for mininova, and other for thepiratebay etc...? Then I'll leave this forum alone. Because I'll then have total understanding. heh heh :)

Regards,
Marsh
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

nope, you only need to add it once to the session.
bodycode
New User
New User

Post by bodycode »

Thank you very much. I now have understanding :)

Regards,
Marshall

PS: Thanks again for everything.
Dan39
New User
New User

Post by Dan39 »

johnnyg wrote:nope, you only need to add it once to the session.
ok im assuming we are talking about 1 .torrent file with several trackers listed, and the same torrent file is uploaded to different trackers

wouldn't he have to add the torrent again for each tracker he wants to seed to, and change the first tracker on each one? libtorrent/deluge does not support updating to multiple trackers at same time on 1 torrent, it just picks the first working tracker from the list and uses that one.