Any plans for actual mac support?

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
seventoes
New User
New User

Any plans for actual mac support?

Post by seventoes »

Having the code work for OS X is great and all, but it currently takes a lot of work on the user end to get the most recent versions of deluge to actually work. Are there any plans right now to have a pre-packaged mac version available officially instead of relying on users to hack something together?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Any plans for actual mac support?

Post by andar »

Unfortunately none of the developers have a mac, so this makes it very difficult to provide any sort of package.
good1

Post by good1 »

Just a sidenote thing, but aren't there some hacked OSX operating systems that can be installed on PCs? Since the macs that are coming out recently are intel based, wouldn't that sort of work, if the devs install the hacked OSX on an intel based PC? Unless none of the devs use intel PC, but use AMD or another CPU...
seventoes
New User
New User

Post by seventoes »

Yeah, you can also install OS X in a virtual machine and play around with it like that.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

"hackintoshes" (osx on a pc) are quite tedious and very time consuming to get running.
seventoes
New User
New User

Post by seventoes »

On the actual hardware yes, but you can download a premade VMWare image and have it up and running as fast as it finishes downloading.

Here's one that is 10.5.7, the newest version. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5021488 ... OSX_10.5.7
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

nah..hackintosh is now easy to install. As long as you check with the compatibility chart, you will get it running in no time. Just like installing windows or linux.

I am now running a hackintosh on my HP mini 110. Would love to have deluge working natively for mac. I am already long time user of deluge on linux. This is the only great piece of software that can go through my ISP's blocking. So, would love it if there are better compatibility with mac osx.

Or at least a better guild on compiling it in osx with all the required packages installed.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

I'm actually considering working on a Cocoa UI, but at the moment, I'm busy with work and won't have a chance to sit down and knock out some code till the end of this month.
Former Deluge Developer
nixcamic

Post by nixcamic »

I would settle for much less than a cocoa gui, I'd be fine with just GTK+ (native gtk would be nice, but even in X11) in a dmg so I don't have to go through crazy dependancy hell every time want to install Deluge.