Timed shutdown feature request in Deluge

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
cyneuron
New User
New User

Timed shutdown feature request in Deluge

Post by cyneuron »

hi Friends

I am a huge fan of Deluge Torrent client. This was the client which allowed me to ditch windows xp (which i used to use for utorrent since there was no good torrent client on Linux before i discovered Deluge).

One thing i miss in Deluge is the ability to schedule shutdown on torrent completion. This feature is really essential according to me. For example, when i start some torrent on download in night before going to bed, this feature makes sure that my laptop shutdowns in the night when torrent download finishes, so that my laptop doesn't run for waste and also allows saving electricity.

It would be great if developers of Deluge Torrent client could look into this feature request as it will benefit a lot of people, and i am sure almost everybody must be wishing for this feature.

BTW, you people are doing a really great job by developing such an awesome torrent client, which is open source and has great Linux support.

Keep up the good work, and i hope this feature request will be looked upon.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Timed shutdown feature request in Deluge

Post by johnnyg »

it has been requested before: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=899

the problem with doing this in linux is that you (normally) need root permission to shutdown a computer, something that deluge doesn't have (it can't be run by a root user). You could make a plugin with poweroff (which doesn't seem to need root permission) however I'm not sure many distros support it (I know ubuntu does though).
cyneuron
New User
New User

Re: Timed shutdown feature request in Deluge

Post by cyneuron »

kshutdown achieves the same purpose even without root permission (yaa its KDE app, and Deluge is Gnome app, bt there gotta be something which Kshutdown is using).

And even if Ubuntu is able to do so, it would be great to have this plugin available for Ubuntu users as Ubuntu is the most used Linux distro and it will help lotta people....

This feature is really essential for so many users. it would be great if any of programmer could give some time for developing this plugin....