Torrent notification suggestion

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
frandavid100

Torrent notification suggestion

Post by frandavid100 »

I would like the torrent notification plugin to show just the torrent title in the notification, and not all the files contained in it. The resulting bubbles are unnecessarily big and get in the way, in my opinion.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Torrent notification suggestion

Post by markybob »

frandavid100 wrote:I would like the torrent notification plugin to show just the torrent title in the notification, and not all the files contained in it. The resulting bubbles are unnecessarily big and get in the way, in my opinion.
true. we could change this. thanks :)
frandavid100

Post by frandavid100 »

Thanks, you guys are one of the most responsive bunch I have found in the open source world.
frandavid100

Post by frandavid100 »

Not sure how much of a great idea this would be, but would there be any chance to put an "open" button somewhere in the bubble, that opens the containing folder (same as double-clicking the torrent in the main window) and stops the blinking of the tray icon?

I think that would be quite handy.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

frandavid100 wrote:Not sure how much of a great idea this would be, but would there be any chance to put an "open" button somewhere in the bubble, that opens the containing folder (same as double-clicking the torrent in the main window) and stops the blinking of the tray icon?

I think that would be quite handy.
yeah, i can do that :)
nargh

Post by nargh »

It would be great if an option to attach the notification bubble to the deluge icon (like Rhythmbox does) would exist, too.
Renfro

Post by Renfro »

It would be great if an option to attach the notification bubble to the deluge icon (like Rhythmbox does) would exist, too.
I agree.

It does look kinda weird having the notification appear at the bottom of the screen when the the Deluge tray icon is way up at the top (as is the case on my Gnome-based Desktop).

Having the torrent notification actually attached to the Deluge icon (wherever it happens to be) would make the message make more sense visually (similar to how email notifications work).
eddieparker

Post by eddieparker »

Renfro wrote:Having the torrent notification actually attached to the Deluge icon (wherever it happens to be) would make the message make more sense visually (similar to how email notifications work).
Pardon my ignorance, but where is this e-mail notification? I run deluge on my server, and I'd love to have notifications when things are complete.

Thanks!
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

eddieparker wrote:
Renfro wrote:Having the torrent notification actually attached to the Deluge icon (wherever it happens to be) would make the message make more sense visually (similar to how email notifications work).
Pardon my ignorance, but where is this e-mail notification? I run deluge on my server, and I'd love to have notifications when things are complete.

Thanks!
It's not an email notification.
if you enable the Torrent Notification plugin you can make it display a pop up notification when a torrent is complete (but it's not available on windows).

you could write a plugin to send emails when a torrent is complete though if you wanted :P
Renfro

Post by Renfro »

eddieparker wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but where is this e-mail notification? I run deluge on my server, and I'd love to have notifications when things are complete.
I didn't say that deluge had email notification, I said that it would be good if the Deluge notification was attached to the Deluge icon (in the same way that an email notification tray icon has its alerts attached to it). Nargh gave Rhythmbox as another example where the notification and icon are linked.