Search / Desired Ratio Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
infernus
New User
New User

Search / Desired Ratio Plugin

Post by infernus »

I have a few questions about plugins. In gnome, I made sure the default browser is /usr/bin/firefox, yet for some reason deluge does not respect this. I am running Gentoo. On another Gentoo machine I have, for some odd reason, I had to change the default browser in KDE to Firefox and after that it seemed to work just fine. There's only one problem here. I made sure I had absolutely NO KDE apps on this machine (I hate it.. only KDE app I ever really liked was KTorrent, which was kicked out by Deluge). When I use the search plugin now, it tries to open the link in Links, which I never even see. Any ideas what I'm missing? I really want my search plugin to work again and open the link in Firefox.
As for the desired ratio plugin, it doesn't seem to work correctly at all. I had it set at 1.0 and it didn't stop until 2.0 which is what I had the setting in the seeding tab of preferences at. The "Stop seeding torrents when their share ratio reaches" setting. I figured this was the problem, so I unchecked this one and then tried the desired ratio plugin again, and this time it didn't stop until I stopped it at 1.1something when it was set at 1.0. Did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance.

--
Sal
infernus
New User
New User

Re: Search / Desired Ratio Plugin

Post by infernus »

Alright so anyone using Gentoo or anyone on any *NIX environment check this out: I had to set the $BROWSER environment variable to /usr/bin/firefox. If you have root access, just add this to your /etc/profile:

Code: Select all

export BROWSER="/usr/bin/firefox"
just change it to whatever browser you use. That solves that problem. Anybody know why my desired ratio plugin won't work?
loki

Post by loki »

Desired ratio plugin tries to keep your upload/download ratio at the set amount while it is currently downloading. Not the same as stop downloading when share ratio reaches set amount. This has been discussed in the forum before, also this page from the faq for reference, http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n53
infernus
New User
New User

Post by infernus »

Oh sorry I guess I misread that paragraph the first time.. Thanks for your help loki.