losing data on crash

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

losing data on crash

Post by JXBlack »

I am running Deluge 0.5.5.95 on WinXP. My computer crashes for various reasons every other day or so. I download 8 torrents at a time. Some of these torrents lose all of the accumulated data at the time of the crash. They start up again having apparatly saved none of the previously stored data. How can this be prevented?

Thank You
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: losing data on crash

Post by markybob »

try upgrading and use full allocation
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Thank you for your reply.
I am already using full allocation.
How can I upgrade? without losing my accumulated data?
Is their some way to save everything and then pick it all back up after the upgrade?

Thanks again for your help.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

As long as you don't delete your configuration files (found in C:\Document and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Deluge), then upgrading shouldn't have an effect on your settings. In the case that deluge loads without any torrents after the upgrade then all you need to do is re-add your torrents to the same download location as before and they'll continue from where they left off. Deluge will never delete partial downloads unless it is told to do so.
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

Thanks for your help.
I don't seem to be able to upgrade.

I paused all my torrents and then closed Deluge 0.5.5.95.
I went to the Deluge site and downloaded 0.5.6.2.

When I tried to install it ......it refused..... claiming that Deluge was already running ,but as far as I could tell,,,,,,,,it was closed.

Any suggestions?
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Make sure deluge.exe is not running, kill dbus-daemon and try again.
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Post by JXBlack »

The upgrade experience has not been an altogether happy event.

#1 I managed the upgrade by rebooting my computer to kill all the Deluge components that wouldn't die by simply closing the program.

#2 The upgrade, after the reboot, was no problem and all 8 of the torrents came up with normal download rates.

#3 I reuturned 4 hours later and found I had crashed. I re-started the computer and Deluge was absolutely dead. 0 downloads with 8 torrent queued. It took 20 minutes for the first torrent to start connecting. It has now taken 1 and 1/2 hours and I have 5 torrents up and running at appox normal rates. I presume as the day wears on I will be graced with the other 3. The previous version would have all 8 torrents up and running in a few minutes.If this is an upgrade--------what does a downgrade look like?

#4 Questions:

A_ Is their a solution to this sluggish response? if not
B_ Is it possible to go back to the previous version with out losing data? If so
C_ How do I do it ?

Thanks for your help