Choose which files to download?

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
psych1610
New User
New User

Choose which files to download?

Post by psych1610 »

Hi everyone, I ran across Deluge not too long ago and right now it's the only client I use. Its given me small problems on Windows, but at least it's downloading :)

I'm wondering if there is a plugin available that allows a user to choose which files he/she would like to download for a selected torrent. For example, in a discography there are multiple albums, some album art, etc, is there the option to check only the songs and uncheck album art. Basically, just choose what you want. In utorrent there was such a feature whenever a new torrent was loaded and it was a great help to me (when utorrent would actually work for me, that is).

Thanks a lot.

Dave
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Choose which files to download?

Post by johnnyg »

Preferences->Downloads
Under Torrents, Enable selecting files for torrents before downloading.
note: you need full allocation enabled.

you can also enable the torrent files plugin which allows you to set the priority and which files to download, on existing downloads.
psych1610
New User
New User

Post by psych1610 »

Thanks so much for that! It just made the downloading experience better, it's greatly appreciated. I can;t believe I missed it either! Right there in front of my face.

Dave
letronje
New User
New User

Post by letronje »

The deluge file selection UI is a little confusing. First of all, i didnt see the 'size' and 'priority' column because of long file names. Even after knowing they exist, i didnt know i could choose not to download a file because there is no visual hint that the column is editable. I had to figure out that one has to right click on files to set them to "do not download". I think it might be better to separate "download/donot download" from "low/normal/high priority", into 2 separate fields/columns. use checkboxes like utorrent (Its more intuitive that way) for the first and say combo boxes for the priority field. and ofcourse buttons for setting the same values for all files(for both the fields) in the torrent file.
psych1610
New User
New User

Post by psych1610 »

I was actually wondering about some of the things you just explained, so thanks.

Great tips!