scheduler suggestion?

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
onlyslightlybent
New User
New User

scheduler suggestion?

Post by onlyslightlybent »

gday all,

firstly i love deluge. its easily best client i've seen for ubuntu (i've just crossed over from OSX). so please don't take this as griping, just the two-cents of a humble user.

it would be great to have a good scheduler plugin. the current version only allows one speed setting. there is an unlimited download-upload option, but this is not the best, as setting unlimited uploads will inevitably clog up the tubes (lol) and downloads suffer. this means that there are really only two usable settings: off, and limited (to the speed you set). i reckon that instead of off, limited and unlimited, perhaps have 3 different settings with individually customizable speeds? pretty much the same as what it's got right now, but with the addition of being able to set different speeds for different times.

it would also be awesome if it could be set to stop seeding completed torrents at the off-peak times, so that more upload capacity can be dedicated to those torrents being downloaded, therefore increasing download speed. this may seem stupid if you don't have ridiculous data capping like we do in australia, but if you can only download 10gig during peak-times per month before being capped to dial-up speed, you really want to keep your big downloads to off-peak times.

anyway i love deluge, keep up the solid work!

many thanks in advance,

Jonas
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: scheduler suggestion?

Post by markybob »

onlyslightlybent wrote:gday all,

firstly i love deluge. its easily best client i've seen for ubuntu (i've just crossed over from OSX). so please don't take this as griping, just the two-cents of a humble user.

it would be great to have a good scheduler plugin. the current version only allows one speed setting. there is an unlimited download-upload option, but this is not the best, as setting unlimited uploads will inevitably clog up the tubes (lol) and downloads suffer. this means that there are really only two usable settings: off, and limited (to the speed you set). i reckon that instead of off, limited and unlimited, perhaps have 3 different settings with individually customizable speeds? pretty much the same as what it's got right now, but with the addition of being able to set different speeds for different times.

it would also be awesome if it could be set to stop seeding completed torrents at the off-peak times, so that more upload capacity can be dedicated to those torrents being downloaded, therefore increasing download speed. this may seem stupid if you don't have ridiculous data capping like we do in australia, but if you can only download 10gig during peak-times per month before being capped to dial-up speed, you really want to keep your big downloads to off-peak times.

anyway i love deluge, keep up the solid work!

many thanks in advance,

Jonas
i agree that those would be nice additions to the scheduler plugin. honestly, the main problem with deluge is that i'm the only developer working on the current stable branch. i'm very much overwhelmed and in need of help from others in the community. until that happens, i'll keep doing what i can, but you probably wont see these changes any time soon.
onlyslightlybent
New User
New User

totally understandable. if i knew anything about linux i would volunteer to help.

many thanks for your reply and thanks for a sweet app.

jonas
onlyslightlybent
New User
New User

onlyslightlybent wrote:...there is an unlimited download-upload option, but this is not the best, as setting unlimited uploads will inevitably clog up the tubes (lol) and downloads suffer.
i did not realise that when set to unlimited, the global speed limits still apply. wonderful.