YaRSS2 @ Deluge 2.0.5 on giga-rapid.com - any have it working?

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
iconoclasthero

YaRSS2 @ Deluge 2.0.5 on giga-rapid.com - any have it working?

Post by iconoclasthero »

TL;DR: Has anyone gotten YaRSS2 working on Deluge 2.x on a giga-rapid seedbox?

Verizon started suggesting via mailed correspondence from the legal department that I no longer use their services for torrenting television shows. As a result, I got a Gigabox Eco AF30 seedbox on giga-rapid. Purportedly you can install plugins on the seedbox version of deluge. I asked what version Python the [giga-rapid] server was running via the Discord and the answer was:
Scott|GigaRapid wrote: 3.6.9
— @ 02/24/2023 11:21 AM
So I should be able to download YaRSS2-2.1.5-py3.6.egg to my local machine and then via deluge-gtk add it as a plugin. I rebooted deluged via giga-rapid web interface (nb: no ssh access!) and in Preferences/Plugins, WebUI and YaRSS2 show up in the [right-hand] list of plugins enableable and are ☑ enabled. I mentioned WebUi because that shows up in the left-hand column of setting options but YaRSS2 does not:
  • Interface
    Downloads
    Bandwidth

Daemon
    Plugins
    WebUi
deluge-gtk client versions:

Code: Select all

1) $ deluge-gtk --version
deluge-gtk 2.0.3
libtorrent: 2.0.5.0
Python: 3.10.6

2) $ deluge-gtk --version
deluge-gtk 2.0.3
libtorrent: 2.0.7.0
Python: 3.10.7

3) $ deluge-gtk --version
deluge-gtk 2.1.1
libtorrent: 2.0.5.0
Python: 3.10.6
ambipro

Re: YaRSS2 @ Deluge 2.0.5 on giga-rapid.com - any have it working?

Post by ambipro »

YaRSS is notoriously unstable and causing crashing with deluge 2.x if I'm not mistaken, unless that's been fixed...however if you are saying you can't get it working I would suggest you check the YaRSS thread and try an updated version that may exist, however as far as I know there isn't official development to support 2.x released yet - and not sure if it is even planned.

Either way the thread in plugins is where you'd want to go. It also seems like you should be talking to your seedbox provider since they're providing the setup and telling you what versions to use, they probably have dealt with all of this before and most likely we'll have no way of knowing the exact docker or jailed setup your seedbox provider uses to provide these seedboxes for customers.

viewtopic.php?p=235036#p235036 kind of recaps the crashing issue many have now with YaRSS and links the latest 2.1.5 build I believe.
iconoclasthero

Post by iconoclasthero »

Thanks, yes, I can work if from that side as well. But if I go to them with "YaRSS is notoriously unstable and causing crashing with deluge 2.x" I may not get a whole lot of support. XD
iconoclasthero

Post by iconoclasthero »

I was getting the plugin from https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... downloads/ so I think I was using the most recent version based on the thread you posted.