[Plugin] whitelist v0.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

[Plugin] whitelist v0.1

Post by mhertz »

This plugin is for people wanting to use development versions of deluge, but needed previously refrain because using trackers prohibiting such usage. Please use at own risk and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

The plugin uses the same kind off tricks used previously by the arch-linux official deluge package(and binhex's deluge dockers), which had to package a dev version of deluge for a long time because of issues in stable version, and in beginning was issues with these impersonating-meassures, but it got fixed in 3'rd iteration I believe(changing 'peer_fingerprint' also, and properly, in addition to 'user_agent', of the libtorrent session).

I was initially going to add support for adding which version of deluge to impersonate, to GTK-UI and web-UI, plus config-file for command-line users, but I thought to myself it would be nicer if this was fully automated and so now upon each startup then latest stable deluge version is impersonated automatically, so not needing updated by end users upon stable deluge updates wanted matched. Libtorrent version isn't impersonated and same as installed, as I didn't think that was relevant.

Just enable plugin in deluge to use and disable to omit - you can check it works with e.g this - pause/resume magnet to trigger reannounce with plugin enabled/disabled for testing.

Hope helps :)

whitelist-0.1.egg