error lvl not logged in deluge 2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: error lvl not logged in deluge 2

Post by mhertz »

@basher, honestly i'd highly guess that the logging to file you saw from deluge 1.x, was from a docker image, as the most popular ones e.g. linux-server and binhex etc, all by default setup to log to file, deluged.log, in /config dir, with info or error, by default, even when not adding such loglevel command in docker setup file, e.g. this is the linux-server deluge-docker-image with default logging enabled:
https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-d ... eluged/run

If you ran docker with 1.3.x, and then not anymore with 2.x, then would seem like this behaviour had changed, I understand. I remember you before have posted to me a good tip of simply using docker for deluge e.g. especially for older versions, making things much easier, thanks. You however posted some cmd output proving this wasen't the case, but i'd be vey carefull myself, retesting it and making absolutely sure not missing something somewhere, e.g. is that file even logged to, now specifically I mean, and from where(e.g. use my posted commands from previous).

If this isn't the issue, then sorry, but it shouldn't really be possible to log to file if not configured for such _somewhere_, as since said, not enabled by default in logging module of deluge, neither in 1.3.x, and I've used deluge, on and off, since 2013, maybe before, and never seen such logging to file without enabling it, and I've never personally enabled it, full-time I mean, and only enabled temporarilly when actually needing troubleshoot something, but neither used deluge dockers much, except the occasional quick test in a VM for helping someone here, and so never on main system for actual own usage. Note, not saying i've used deluge longer than you, very possibly not(and many here beating me by a large margin, so please don't take that as some kind of lame boosting of myself lol), but my point merely was just to say that I haven't myself seen erronyous logging to file(without configured to do so), in soon a decades time(and wasen't an early adopter of deluge 2.x neither, so ran 1.x much longer).

Anyway, hope you can get to the bottom of this, good luck mate :)