delugesiphon won't login unless login to deluge-webui first

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
travo101
New User
New User

delugesiphon won't login unless login to deluge-webui first

Post by travo101 »

Hi, I have the problem that everytime i start chrome delugesiphon shows a notification that login failed. If i login to the webui this then allows delugesiphon to connect. This stays after i restart browser. I thought the problem was that the webui needed to connect to the deluge daemon so i edited web.conf and added a default daemon. This didn't fix the delugesiphon issue as i expected. It does mean after entering password on the webui i no longer have to connect to a daemon.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Obviously i could live with it but i don't want to.
mhertz

Re: delugesiphon won't login unless login to deluge-webui first

Post by mhertz »

You could enable the plugin debug-logging option I quickly saw was available in the code, not that I get much of this Javascript code, but regardless. Also enabling debug-logging on deluge-web could probably help, e.g to make bug-report on plugin github, if indeed a bug. Check FAQ for instructions.

There was reported similar issue some years ago on plugin github, where reporter stated needing close all chrome processes before could get the deluge webui password to work in plugin preferences. Plugin author also updated some things regarding Chrome later, and stated possibly could help, as Chrome was little strange regarding this.

Anyway, here's the mentioned bug-ticket, though not much in it, but still. Granted I only spent 5 minuttes on this, so maybe others know more about this issue than me, hopefully.

Good luck.

https://github.com/sbussetti/deluge-siphon/issues/45