[Autoadd] Better duplicate magnet link handling

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
StickyC
New User
New User

[Autoadd] Better duplicate magnet link handling

Post by StickyC »

For the longest time, I'd been ending up with a whole lot of *.invalid files with magnet links in my watch folder for Deluge's AutoAdd plugin (usually created by Jackett).

I could manually copy the magnet URL from an .invalid file, paste it into Deluge's add field and it would parse the link just fine, so it's not (as far as I can tell) due to malformed links.

What I think is happening is that if the AutoAdd plugin tries to add a file with a magnet link that already exists in the queue, it marks the file as .invalid.

Ideally, it should either delete the file or treat it as 'successfully added' and rename it accordingly.
Mr_IceSlice
New User
New User

Re: [Autoadd] Better duplicate magnet link handling

Post by Mr_IceSlice »

I'm having this issue too.

I have two seedboxes in different states, and I'm trying to synchronize them. The way I've gone about that is to use Syncthing to copy *.torrent files from Server2's state directory to an arbitrary folder on Server1. Then I pointed Server1's AutoAdd to the arbitrary folder that receives *.torrent files. Server1's AutoAdd just appends ".invalid" to the ends of the names of that torrent files.

I have a vice-versa configuration with Server1 sending it's *.torrent file to Server2 so that it is symmetrical.
The goal is so that a torrent added to either seedbox will make it's way to both seedboxes.

The point of this post is just to say that AutoAdd is kinda broken and needs a patch.
If anyone has a better way of synchronizing Deluge instances, let me know. If I pipe *.torrent files directly into the 'state' folder, will they automatically be added, or would the deluge instance need to be restarted?