[Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

[Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Post by mhertz »

I took praddy's Randomize plugin and hacked it a bit. Before it would check if incoming port was firewalled every x secs and if it was then use another port and reannounce once(he had ISP problems with them blocking his ports). Now all port-related stuff is removed and it will force reannounce every x secs, default 120, but can be changed in '~/.config/deluge/reannounce.conf', which is generated at first run(deluge default is 600 secs).

Tested working on latest stable deluge v1.3.15 and latest deluge 2.0.3).

Note, it's not recommended setting the interval too low as you can get banned by trackers and it's also considered rude - Use at your own risk and don't blame me! The default interval is already stretching it! (I used 2 minutes as default because that was listed as minimum recommended in a guide about hacking rtorrent + also used as default in hrktorrent.)

I recommend using ltConfig by ratanak additionally and enabling at-least 'announce_to_all_trackers/tiers'.

An easy method to check the plugin is working, is with ipmagnet where you can see the plugin reannouncing every 2 minutes(default), or whatever you've defined as interval in 'reannounce.conf', instead of 10 minutes(deluge default).

reannounce-0.1.egg (deluge-2.0.3):
https://paste.c-net.org/SuiteDamien

reannounce-0.1-py2.7.egg (deluge-1.3.15):
https://paste.c-net.org/FoyerSwill

All credits goes to praddy and his Randomize plugin. The GPL'd code is in the egg.
Last edited by mhertz on Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Post by mhertz »

This plugin didn't work anymore in latest deluge-2.0.3(and couldn't be fixed by merely renaming it to other python version neither), but I managed to fix it and have edited my first post above to include this, so now there's a version for new deluge(v2.0.3) and another for the old(v1.3.15).
basher
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Post by basher »

Note this plugin could potentially be modified to support real forced reannounce as per discussion here: viewtopic.php?p=234029#p234029