[Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

[Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Postby mhertz » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:59 pm

I took praddy's Randomize plugin and hacked it a bit. Before it would check if incoming port was firewalled every x secs and if it was then use another port and reannounce once(he had ISP problems with them blocking his ports). Now all port-related stuff is removed and it will force reannounce every x secs, default 120, but can be changed in '~/.config/deluge/reannounce.conf', which is generated at first run(deluge default is 600 secs).

Tested working on latest stable deluge v1.3.15 and latest git-develop(v2.0 beta).

Note, it's not recommended setting the interval too low as you can get banned by trackers and it's also considered rude - Use at your own risk and don't blame me! The default interval is already stretching it! (I used 2 minutes as default because that was listed as minimum recommended in a guide about hacking rtorrent + also used as default in hrktorrent.)

I recommend using ltConfig by ratanak additionally and enabling at-least 'announce_to_all_trackers/tiers'.

An easy method to check the plugin is working, is with ipmagnet where you can see the plugin reannouncing every 2 minutes(default), or whatever you've defined as interval in 'reannounce.conf', instead of 10 minutes(deluge default).

The links get disabled after 100 days without download, so if/when it dies, then give me a shout.

reannounce-0.1-py3.7.egg (deluge-2.0.3):
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3977076712

reannounce-0.1-py2.7.egg (deluge-1.3.15):
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4303097181:

All credits goes to praddy and his Randomize plugin. The GPL'd code is in the egg.
Last edited by mhertz on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mhertz
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: [Plugin] reannounce v0.1 - force reannounce every x secs.

Postby mhertz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:41 pm

This plugin didn't work anymore in latest deluge-2.0.3(and couldn't be fixed by merely renaming it to other python version neither), but I managed to fix it and have edited my first post above to include this, so now there's a version for new deluge(v2.0.3) and another for the old(v1.3.15).

Return to “Plugins”