Move Files after seeding

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Minty
New User
New User

Move Files after seeding

Post by Minty »

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but there wasn't a Linux sub, so here goes. I have Deluge installed and working on Linux Mint 18.

I'd like to move files to a separate directory when the torrent reaches it's seed ratio and is removed from the queue. So Basically it's a pipeline of three directories. 1) Active Download, 2) Seeding, and 3) complete

The first two I have working with a download and Seed folder, but I can't seem to find anyway of moving the files once the torrent is removed from the queue. Is there a plugin or programatic way of accomplishing this? Any suggestions would be appreicated. I've looked at the execute plugin, but it doesn't have a trigger for remove from queue.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Move Files after seeding

Post by gderf »

You don't say what version of Deluge you are running. I am on Client: 1.3.12 & Server: 1.3.13.

In Preferences | Downloads there is a box to "Move completed to:" Just fill in the path and enable via the checkbox.
Attachments
Selection_001.jpg
Selection_001.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 11091 times
Minty
New User
New User

Post by Minty »

Thanks for the response. I'm running the same client and server versions. Move completed executes as soon as the torrent has finished downloading, but at this point it's not done seeding. I'm using this to move from stage 1 (downloading) to stage 2 (seeding). What I'm missing is a way to trigger moving the files when the torrent is removed from the queue which for me is stage 3. I have Deluge set to seed until I reach 2.00 ratio and then it's removed from the queue.

I can do a find for .torrent files in the .config/deluge/state/ directory to tell me if anything is currently in an active state, but I thought there might be a better way.

I have a program that will automatically sort and move files to the right directory and remove the info files and directory once the move is completed, but I don't want to delete files that are still seeding.
Timbiotic
New User
New User

Post by Timbiotic »

Did you ever get this working, I want to do the same thing
mawvius
New User
New User

Post by mawvius »

Here here. This is such an integral aspect of a colossal majority of users work-flow, one would have assumed that torrent clients would be scrambling to implement it before anyone else so as to galvanise a huge chunk of the market share.

Eagerly awaiting,

-maw
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

As deluge doesn't support this feature, then I guess it's okay to recommend another client if absolutely needing this specific functionality.

rtorrent supports this + pretty much everything else you could possibly think off, as it features an abundance of internal commands opening up for all sorts of advanced use-cases through scripting done in .rtorrent.rc.

If wanting to use rtorrent, I highly recommend checking out rtorrent-ps and pyrocore helper tools from pyroscope, and personally I prefer the fork from chros73 named rtorrent-ps-ch, with newer rtorrent/libtorrent code-base used and even more added features.

Anyway, there's several ways to achieve the requested feature, e.g. also a one-liner, but which is scheduled to run continually as per your liking, but i'd probably do something along this instead:

.rtorrent.rc:

Code: Select all

ratio.enable=
ratio.min.set=WHATEVER-MIN-PERCENT
ratio.max.set=WHATEVER-MAX-PERCENT
ratio.upload.set=WHATEVER-SIZE
method.set = group.seeding.ratio.command, d.close=, "execute2={mv,-u,$d.base_path=,/home/martin/finished}", d.erase=
You could of-course adapt this to only among certain labels or whatever have you...