[Plugin] Execute Plugin: Running a batch file on Windows 10

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mayurrenr
New User
New User

[Plugin] Execute Plugin: Running a batch file on Windows 10

Post by mayurrenr »

Hi all, I was hoping to get some help with my Deluge setup. I've been a longtime uTorrent user but recently switch to Deluge for its client-server capabilities.

I have an Intel NUC which works as my "server". It runs on Windows 10 Pro and hosts the following services:

Backup storage (for my desktop and laptop)
Dynamic DNS updater
Plex Media Server
Deluge (daemon and webUI)

I have successfully setup Deluge to work with client and server capabilities. I've also setup YaRSS2 to work with showRSS. All of this works perfectly (so far). Essentially, Deluge will auto-download TV shows as defined by my showRSS feed using YaRSS2. And using the daemon + webUI, I'm able to connect to Deluge from anywhere with my desktop (local only), laptop (daemon - anywhere) or mobile phone (webUI - anywhere) in order to download movies +/- the occasional game.

My issue is to finish the TV automation by using an application called TVrename. This app scans a folder for video files, reads the file and renames it based on TVdb data and moves the renamed file to a new location based on its TV show, season number and episode number. The new folder is scanned by Plex and displayed using their GUI. I've created a batch file "rename.bat" that can automate this process when it is executed. I've tested this using manual execution, and can confirm it works fine.

My issue is using the Execute plugin on Deluge to automatically run this batch file upon torrent completion. Deluge has been setup such that YaRSS2 downloads (ie. TV shows only) are moved from "C:\Torrents" to "C:\Torrents\Completed" folder upon download completion. All other torrents remain in "C:\Torrents". The "C:\Torrents\Completed" folder is what TVrename works on, so only video files in this folder (irrespective of whether they have their own subfolder) will be scanned, renamed and moved.

My Execute command simply gives the path to the batch file "rename.bat". In this case, that would be "C:\rename.bat". However this does not work. I've looked up dozens of threads and the official execute page and I'm still at a loss as to what I can do to make this batch file run. The following is the batch file script: ***bear in mind, that this script works flawlessly when I double-click it***

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TVRename\TVRename.exe" /scan /doall /createmissing /hide /quit
Can anybody please help me out? Thanks in advance.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] Execute Plugin: Running a batch file on Windows 10

Post by Cas »

Check deluge logs.
mayurrenr
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Execute Plugin: Running a batch file on Windows 10

Post by mayurrenr »

How do I enable logging? The FAQ doesn't give much help for windows machines.