[Plugin] MyScheduler v2.0.0a1 (Forced Start) - Testers needed for Deluge 2.x

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
MasterCATZ

Re: [Plugin] MyScheduler v0.3.6 (Forced Start)

Post by MasterCATZ »

I am just wanting to know if this scheduler will ignore torrents set as unmanaged ?

Ideally i want all loaded torrents to run midnight - 7am

but I also want the option to Download / Seed unmanged torrents 24 / 7
ie) something I just started in unmanged mode to bypass max torrent limits etc until I decide to put it as a managed torrent
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

If you are a non download period, it's normal that torrents are added in paused mode.
They will only start when myscheduler says it should start.
papampi
New User
New User

Post by papampi »

Recently I'm getting into a problem and MyScheduler wont start at scheduled times.
I have had it set to start at 2 AM and stop at 7 AM and used to work for long time.
Its been a week since it wont start, I should open web page > preferences > MyScheduler > click apply after the scheduled time passed (2 Am) so it start.
It stop at 7 AM though

Any idea why this is happening?
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

Created a new minor version 0.3.7 with the option to disable the schedule.
You can find it at the opening post.
h3llrais3r

Post by h3llrais3r »

papampi wrote:Recently I'm getting into a problem and MyScheduler wont start at scheduled times.
I have had it set to start at 2 AM and stop at 7 AM and used to work for long time.
Its been a week since it wont start, I should open web page > preferences > MyScheduler > click apply after the scheduled time passed (2 Am) so it start.
It stop at 7 AM though

Any idea why this is happening?
Sorry for the late response (I don't check this forum often) but I have no idea... perhaps try a fresh install?
galneon

Re: [Plugin] MyScheduler v0.3.7 (Forced Start)

Post by galneon »

0.3.7 and 1.3.15 here. Once I enabled force start, I was unable to disable it. I'd manually pause torrents with force start disabled, and they would re-queue and restart soon after. Note the re-queueing stage would probably not even be noticed, but I run 4000+ torrents and the thinclient client updates are slow between most operations (particularly operations on multiple torrents as Deluge handles this in the least efficient manner imaginable). The first time this happened, I went to bed right after disabling force start and pausing the torrents, so my ratio got wrecked on a few private trackers--I wasn't ready to download over 1TB of paused torrents. Toggling plugin options didn't help--individual torrent options did not work with the permanent global force start overriding them. Perhaps it would have worked again like normal if I removed and reinstalled the plugin, but I'm confident the same thing would have happened again once I began using force start again.

When I first came to this thread, I saw your mention in the topic of your updating it for 1.3.12 and 1.3.13. I'd assumed that was just something you hadn't updated and that it was also compatible with 1.3.15 which came out 23 months ago. Only later did you mention it hasn't been tested for 1.3.15. I suggest putting a warning in the topic, not of what happened to me (as it hasn't been corroborated and you can't trust a single random on the internet's report), but of the fact that MyScheduler isn't formally tested for versions beyond 1.3.13.
h3llrais3r

Re: [Plugin] MyScheduler v0.3.7 (Forced Start)

Post by h3llrais3r »

galneon wrote:0.3.7 and 1.3.15 here. Once I enabled force start, I was unable to disable it. I'd manually pause torrents with force start disabled, and they would re-queue and restart soon after. Note the re-queueing stage would probably not even be noticed, but I run 4000+ torrents and the thinclient client updates are slow between most operations (particularly operations on multiple torrents as Deluge handles this in the least efficient manner imaginable). The first time this happened, I went to bed right after disabling force start and pausing the torrents, so my ratio got wrecked on a few private trackers--I wasn't ready to download over 1TB of paused torrents. Toggling plugin options didn't help--individual torrent options did not work with the permanent global force start overriding them. Perhaps it would have worked again like normal if I removed and reinstalled the plugin, but I'm confident the same thing would have happened again once I began using force start again.

When I first came to this thread, I saw your mention in the topic of your updating it for 1.3.12 and 1.3.13. I'd assumed that was just something you hadn't updated and that it was also compatible with 1.3.15 which came out 23 months ago. Only later did you mention it hasn't been tested for 1.3.15. I suggest putting a warning in the topic, not of what happened to me (as it hasn't been corroborated and you can't trust a single random on the internet's report), but of the fact that MyScheduler isn't formally tested for versions beyond 1.3.13.
I've tested the latest version of the plugin with deluge 1.3.15 and it works perfectly on my machine.
Perhaps the enormous amount of torrents might cause an issue, but I'm not able to test this with such an amount of torrents...
I propose that you test the latest version of the plugin with a clean install of deluge 1.3.15 with a single torrent, just to see if you the problem that you describes (which isn't really clear to me what you actually did based on your comment above)
h3llrais3r

[Plugin] MyScheduler v2.0.0a1 (Forced Start) - Testers needed for Deluge 2.x

Post by h3llrais3r »

First alpha release available for Deluge 2.x.
Binaries for Python 3.6 can be found at https://github.com/h3llrais3r/deluge-my ... ag/2.0.0a1.
Please provide feedback on Github in issue https://github.com/h3llrais3r/deluge-my ... /issues/10, as I'm not checking this forum very often.