[Request] Dump comment metadata to text file

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
wyndham29
New User
New User

[Request] Dump comment metadata to text file

Post by wyndham29 »

Hi all,

I currently transfer files from one pc to the other, where I then enter them into a database. The majority of the files come from private trackers, and usually have a link to the torrent page in the "comment" section of the torrent. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a plugin or script that would dump these comments to a .txt or other readable file? I'm not sure how involved this would be, I've only had experience coding in C#, so if it's too complicated that's fine. If not, it would be massively appreciated, as I understand that the appeal of such a plugin to other people would likely be limited! Thanks!
(p.s. if anyone knows an easier solution to this problem, let me know).
mariahcarey
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Dump comment metadata to text file

Post by mariahcarey »

Yes, it is possible to do so. There are several different ways to do this, but the most common is to use a text editor, such as Notepad++ or TextEdit, and to create a text file with the comments. Then, you can copy and paste the comments into the .txt file. Then, you can save the .txt file and rename it to something like "comments.txt" or "comments.log". This way, you can easily view the comments in a text editor or view them in a log file. If you need to export the comments for some reason, you can export them as a .txt file or as a .log file. wordle