RSS Broadcatcher

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Squiffy
New User
New User

RSS Broadcatcher

Post by Squiffy »

I don't suppose anyone could point me in the direction of the old RSS Broadcatcher that came with deluge back in the day? I've been trying to find it but I've not had any luck so far.
EvilGnome

Re: RSS Broadcatcher

Post by EvilGnome »

I second that. This is actually the only reason I decided to use deluge over transmission, but I can't find it.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

what's wrong with using FlexRSS?
EvilGnome

Post by EvilGnome »

I read somewhere that FlexRSS is really overkill for this purpose, way too difficult to setup just for the function of the old RSS Broadcatcher. And the beginning of the FlexRSS description reads:
This plugin is similar in purpose to Mark Adamson's excellent RSS Broadcatcher, but targets a more advanced audience. It is extremely powerful, configurable, unforgiving, and difficult.
loki

Post by loki »

So, sounds like, it would be an advantage to those that actually use the feature, rather than having it crippled with something with less features.
Squiffy
New User
New User

Post by Squiffy »

Is there any reason we can't have both? If I remember rightly azureus has 2 RSS plug ins for this very reason. Now I know that this isn't azureus but surely the reason theres even a plug-in architecture is to enable choice yes?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

of course there's no reason why you can't have both.
it's just that the simpler one isn't really used much (or at all) so don't expect support or bug fixes.

I've attached the plugin, to install it you just need to unzip it into the plugin folder.
see here for more info: http://deluge-torrent.org/faq.php#6n49

no guarantees that it will work :P
Attachments
SimpleRSS.zip
(42.12 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Squiffy
New User
New User

Post by Squiffy »

I don't mean to be a pest but there doesn't seem to be anything in that zip. Any chance of it being reuploaded?

Personally I'd rather see a "simple mode" or something along those lines integrated into FlexRSS for those of us who want it to be nice and easy. I don't deny the power of FlexRSS but my eyes gloss over the second someone tries to make me think about regular expressions y'know? Still, as long as the legacy plug-in is there eh?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

Squiffy wrote:I don't mean to be a pest but there doesn't seem to be anything in that zip. Any chance of it being reuploaded?

Personally I'd rather see a "simple mode" or something along those lines integrated into FlexRSS for those of us who want it to be nice and easy. I don't deny the power of FlexRSS but my eyes gloss over the second someone tries to make me think about regular expressions y'know? Still, as long as the legacy plug-in is there eh?
sorry about that, was in a rush when I did it and forgot the -r flag :P

I've uploaded the zip of the actual files (instead of just the folder).

I wouldn't count on SimpleRSS being there, I grabbed this version from 0.5.6.2. - so quite awhile ago.
not to mention that 0.5 plugins will be incompatible with 0.6.

Personally I know and love regular expressions, so FlexRSS doesn't intimidate me.
however it's clear that if it will become the default RSS plugin for 0.6 it will need to become more user friendly.

I should mention that the author wrote FlexRSS as a more powerful alternative to SimpleRSS and not as a replacement,
hence why it isn't so user friendly when it comes to patterns.