[Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.6.1

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] Auto Remove Plus v0.6.1

Post by mhertz »

Yes last release built for deluge1 was 0.6.1, but the developer made actually an extra commit I see, for fixing a webUI preferences saving bug, and then another for updating the changelog with this as a new v0.6.2 release, which for some reason wasen't built and made available as a release, so I built it and changed the seed-time and interval into hours instead of days, but kept the "days added" as days. Didn't fixup the tooltips mentioning days, or the decimals to be less, though.

AutoRemovePlus-0.6.2-py2.7.egg
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Thanks Mate. If anyone is intrested in my little collection for deluge 1.3.15, send me a PM and maby ill post it on the forum becuase it was a little hassle to figure out what goes togheter with what versions.

Also a huge thanks to mhertz, who made an ltconfig for deluge 1.3.15 wich support libtorrent 1.1.14 and some other great fixes. I take no credits for any off the plugins, or fixes its all made by our great teams on the forum. If intrested in the package send a PM and if there is huge demand ill proberly make a new forum thread and post the link there.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks likewise for the contribution mate, and again appreciate your really kind words and mention bro and indeed thank you to the awesome and good people making all these great things for us all, past and present :)

Sorry, just requotting your post again so it's the last thing again in thread:
Bobby wrote:[...] If anyone is intrested in my little collection for deluge 1.3.15, send me a PM and maby ill post it on the forum becuase it was a little hassle to figure out what goes togheter with what versions.

[...] ltconfig for deluge 1.3.15 wich support libtorrent 1.1.14 and some other great fixes. I take no credits for any off the plugins, or fixes its all made by our great teams on the forum. If intrested in the package send a PM and if there is huge demand ill proberly make a new forum thread and post the link there.
neo

Post by neo »

I am so confused on which AutoRemovePlus to use as there are multiple forks being independently maintained and then 3rd party patches linked here through out. As of today's date September 22, 2021 which is the preferred version with the least bugs to use on Deluge 2.0? A link is appreciated. Not sure whether to use the springjools fork, tote94 fork, or mhertz's fixed versions (if so which one as there's multiple linked)? Does the newest version only support LabelPlus as I need Labels support.

Talk about decision fatigue.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah, I understand your confusion :) Generally use the official versions unless actually being specifically bitten by an unfixed bug which my "hackjobs" helps with for you, or simply just if wanting the most issues resolved then could also use mine regardless.

None of springjools or tote94's versions supports labelplus, and also has issue with sometimes not deleting anything before opening GUI, so probably imho makes sense here to use my version regardless in this specific case. Latest version of springjools version with my various fixes/mods: https://paste.c-net.org/SunkenRecorded

I fixed tote94's version also, regarding the "missing-to-delete-sometimes" issue, and also for full meassure(and your post) just now updated it additionally to use labelplus instead of label plugin, works in quick tests here atleast for me. I'm gonna also post this version in tote94's thread shortly, but here's the link also, in advance: https://paste.c-net.org/BenesGeraldo

Now to which of these to use, then that is personal preference, and I honestly don't know which is most buggy etc, as don't even use any of these myself, but from what I do gather, is that the difference is that tote94's is only for finished torrents(like original plugin), whereas springjools is for unfinished ones, e.g. to remove stuck torrents etc, and then he(springjools) has two additional options for deleting or pausing finished torrents also, based on seed-time - in his version then some of the dropdown criterias don't work i.e. seed-time etc as obviously don't work for unfinished torrents(as said previously, he has a couple seed-time options added for finished torrents though, further up-top, but the ones in the dropdown don't work as only for unfinished torrents), he just haven't cleaned up the plugin for stuff not working(he took original autoremoveplus and added abiroid patch making plugin work for unfinished instead of finished). Then springjools also has extra options for sonarr/lidarr/radar integration and a few more options I cannot remember. Last my version of springjools fork fixes the GTKUI to work as don't work in official version, and besides fixing the delete-bug and adding labelplus support, then also adds a few extra options like making work only for finished torrents(like tote's) and an option for changing min2max(or max2min cannot remember) of the first rule, so works like tote's.

Sorry cannot answer better/more-precise and probably just adds further to the confusion lol :)
neo

Post by neo »

mhertz wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:24 pm Yeah, I understand your confusion :) Generally use the official versions unless actually being specifically bitten by an unfixed bug which my "hackjobs" helps with for you, or simply just if wanting the most issues resolved then could also use mine regardless.

None of springjools or tote94's versions supports labelplus, and also has issue with sometimes not deleting anything before opening GUI, so probably imho makes sense here to use my version regardless in this specific case. Latest version of springjools version with my various fixes/mods: https://paste.c-net.org/SunkenRecorded

I fixed tote94's version also, regarding the "missing-to-delete-sometimes" issue, and also for full meassure(and your post) just now updated it additionally to use labelplus instead of label plugin, works in quick tests here atleast for me. I'm gonna also post this version in tote94's thread shortly, but here's the link also, in advance: https://paste.c-net.org/BenesGeraldo

Now to which of these to use, then that is personal preference, and I honestly don't know which is most buggy etc, as don't even use any of these myself, but from what I do gather, is that the difference is that tote94's is only for finished torrents(like original plugin), whereas springjools is for unfinished ones, e.g. to remove stuck torrents etc, and then he(springjools) has two additional options for deleting or pausing finished torrents also, based on seed-time - in his version then some of the dropdown criterias don't work i.e. seed-time etc as obviously don't work for unfinished torrents(as said previously, he has a couple seed-time options added for finished torrents though, further up-top, but the ones in the dropdown don't work as only for unfinished torrents), he just haven't cleaned up the plugin for stuff not working(he took original autoremoveplus and added abiroid patch making plugin work for unfinished instead of finished). Then springjools also has extra options for sonarr/lidarr/radar integration and a few more options I cannot remember. Last my version of springjools fork fixes the GTKUI to work as don't work in official version, and besides fixing the delete-bug and adding labelplus support, then also adds a few extra options like making work only for finished torrents(like tote's) and an option for changing min2max(or max2min cannot remember) of the first rule, so works like tote's.

Sorry cannot answer better/more-precise and probably just adds further to the confusion lol :)
Thanks for the detailed reply. Unfortunately I'm unable to use them since they support LabelPlus and not Labels. I mentioned it but sorry if I wasn't clearer. I use Medusa (superior alternative to Sonarr) and it only supports Labels (not LabelPlus). Perhaps ideally AutoRemovePlus could support both Label and LabelPlus with a drop down for each rather than there being individual versions to maintain? I see you have been patching multiple plugins to support Labels instead of LabelPlus, while I would agree this is the better choice, unfortunately it breaks support for those of us who need legacy support. Once again, thank you for maintaining these crucial addons. Without your continued maintenance of plugins I would have switched away from Deluge long ago, its a shame more development upkeep isn't focused on plugins. Seems Deluge isn't as active as it once was. I help on opensource projects when I can, but coding isn't one of them.

P.S. For this AutoRemovePlus plugin I started testing things and I noticed a crucial feature is missing or at least is not clear? When configuring "Exemption Rules" I need to add "Label" which is simply unlabeled. How exactly do I select a blank label? I tried simply leaving it blank but it doesn't work.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for your supportive comments neo, much appreciated mate! :)

Sorry for being dense and misunderstanding your usecase also.

Indeed would be better with a drop down, just being lazy, but just finished adding a new option and checkbox for labelplus instead of label, false by default - I just used checkbox instead of drop down to match my other options added, and since little easier e.g a single checkbox in this plugin is already 15'ish (smaller) additions in 3 files for enabling it in core/config-file, gtkui and webui(+15'ish more actually, if counting the mandatory additions to gtkui's XML ui file, and same again for webui JS file) - just doing some smaller troubleshooting for avoiding a cosmetic error in debug-log, in certain circumstance, and then afterwards will do same to tote's version.

Hmm, that request was previously dismissed by original author of plugin with comment of being not how should be, and should only add specific labels, but I do see where you're coming from regardless - I'll see if I can make that work also, but no promises, as since not good at this mind you.

I'll post back in a days time or something, and if little longer, than I've not forgotten, and just have an issue or otherwise delayed.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

As requested, here's my fixed version of springjools fork now with new checkbox in gtkui and webui to control switching between label and labelplus plugin. Also now supports unlabeled exempt labels and unlabeled specific removal rules - for both you define label as 'none', case-insensitive. Seemed to work in quick testing here.

@neo, Sorry for the delay, took little longer than I expected. Thanks for good suggestions :)

AutoRemovePlus-0.6.15.egg
mub
New User
New User

Post by mub »

This thread is old so I'm guessing this plug doesn't work any more. Either way I'm trying to get it running on my Debian server and I seem to have python 3.9.2 installed. Is there anyway to easily tweak it to work ?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

There's forks done by good people here luckilly, curtesy of springjools and tote94. You can get there releases from these links:

https://github.com/springjools/deluge-a ... s/releases

https://github.com/tote94/deluge-autore ... s/releases

If not using deluge 2.0.4 or above, then need rename the "py3.8" part of plugin filename to "py3.9" or whatever python you currently have.

Btw, I also have hacked little small fixes/features into both of these plugins, and if interested then the springjools version available two posts up, and the tote version on page 4 of his announcement thread here: viewtopic.php?p=234008#p234008