Deluge Version: 1.3.6
Libtorrent Version: ???
Operating System Version: Windows 7
Plugins Enabled: Execute, Extractor, Labels, WebUI
WebUI, Console or GTK: ???
Web Browser: Chrome
Filesystem: NTFS
Installation Type: Package

I'm a recent convert to the torrent scene from NNTP due to the hassles caused by the DMCA blitz. I've managed to get on to a couple good private tracker sites, but I'm finding myself thoroughly missing the hands off, complete automation of Sabnzbd+SickBeard+CouchPotato. With those 3 I was able to setup my media directories & XBMC would simply show me when new stuff was there. It was heaven. I have started using the TPB fork of SickBeard that is working great for automatically getting things but the problem is I have yet to find any way to automatically extract, rename, and place the renamed files appropriately. I was hoping someone knew of a plugin that could do this, or perhaps a method for doing it. The ideal situation would be this.

1. Sickbeard sends torrent to Deluge with the label TV. (CouchPotato with the label Movies)
2. Torrent Finishes Downloading
3a. IF it's compressed, it decompresses it into a separate folder (leaving the original files to seed)
3b. IF not, it copies the file into a separate folder (leaving the original to seed)
4. It renames the file according to a naming scheme.
5. It copies the renamed file into the appropriate directory.
6. XBMC see's the new data & tags it appropriately.

The reason I suggest it move to a separate folder first is because IF the file gets moved first & then renamed, XBMC shows that up as 2 entries.
The problem I see making this happen is the plugin knowing how to tell what to rename the files to. I mean you could always have it determine TV or Movie or other based on the label assigned, but parsing out the name of the show or movie might be difficult as naming conventions aren't universal.

I'm new, so I'm sure someone has already thought of this, but thus far I haven't found anyone who could provide me with a method for complete hands off. It would be amazing if someone wrote a plugin to handle all of this, but until then suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
pyrodex
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Full Automation?

Post by pyrodex »

I've hand built something similar to this in my world and I can share some insight here from what I've done. First off this is all with perl and other things but it works...

Sickbeard downloads to a torrent dir using things like BTN as a source.
Couchpotato is tied to PTP and downloads to a different torrent dir than Sickbeard.
Since I run a seedbox I have a cron script running every minute checking these two directories for torrent files and then downloads them to the local directories on the seedbox, one being for movies and one for TV.
Deluge downloads and give them the proper labels and moves them to their directories.
On completion deluge sends an email to me and this could be changed to simply transfer the files but I prefer email since I download other things than movies/tv shows.
Based on the save path of the show and the email reply it creates a file to be downloaded from my home and grab the file from my seedbox.
Files download from the seedbox into their local respective directory such as sickbeard or couchpotato and then I manually process the shows with Sickbeard and let couchpotato handle it as it sees new movies.

It works for me but certain parts of the work flow could be automated but I like having some control over elements.