Speed limiter and upload speed

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
zoinks

Post by zoinks »

I've tried using the "speed limiter" plugin in 0.5.5 and I find that setting the upload speed limit for a torrent to anything other than unlimited drags my transfer speed, in both directions, down to zero. Upload flutters around 0.1k but it may as well be zero. Can anyone reproduce this? Is this a known issue?
hamen
New User
New User

Re: Speed limiter and upload speed

Post by hamen »

Same problem.
Waiting for solution.
hamen
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

hamen wrote:Same problem.
Waiting for solution.
hamen
like i've said before on multiple posts about speed limiter, try svn trunk. should be fixed
hamen
New User
New User

Post by hamen »

Oh ehm... OK
Gotta check..
Thanks,
hamen
SwH
New User
New User

Post by SwH »

hi to all, first of all, as this is my first post, my compliments to the dev, deluge is really a good bt program :)
second point (and here comes the problem :P) i try the last version (0.5.5.95 installed from debian unstable package) but the speed limiter seems to be still not working well for me, the problem is always the same, both UL and DL goes to 0.0, it's happens to anyone else with the new version?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

SwH wrote:hi to all, first of all, as this is my first post, my compliments to the dev, deluge is really a good bt program :)
second point (and here comes the problem :P) i try the last version (0.5.5.95 installed from debian unstable package) but the speed limiter seems to be still not working well for me, the problem is always the same, both UL and DL goes to 0.0, it's happens to anyone else with the new version?
yes, that's what happens initially. all connection gets cut. however, when another client connects to upload/download, the new limits will be obeyed. set it, leave it alone for a while, dont freak out, and you'll see :)
SwH
New User
New User

Post by SwH »

oh yeah... it's true! :D thank you, i was so excited for the fix that when i saw the first symptom i thought "D'OH!" and i came here to post :P
just a question, it's possible to have a default per torrent upload and download limit in the preference? i think it could be useful :)
chris
New User
New User

Post by chris »

Hi,

I'm using Deluge 0.5.6.2 with Ubuntu 7.10 (.deb from http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads) and I have got one problem with the speed limiter plugin:

When I activate the plugin it just works fine, but when i close deluge and start it again the speed limiter plugin is deactivated. All other plugins are active after a restart of deluge, exept from the speed limiter plugin. So i have to activate it every time i start deluge.

greez Chris
Guru
New User
New User

Post by Guru »

On Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) with Deluge 0.5.6.2 setting the upload plugin to anything other than unlimited drops my upload speed to 0.
Also, the download speed seems to be about 20-30% less than what the setting is. For example. On unlimited download, I get 600Kb/sec, maxing out my Fiber connection. When I set the download speed to 570Kb/sec, it limits it to about 430Kb/sec instead.

Does the plugin in SVN fix this?

EDIT: It may have something to do with the 100% CPU Usage problem reported in this thread.