[Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] ltConfig v0.3.1

Post by mhertz »

If only having anonymous_mode and not force_proxy in the list, then don't worry as it means you either run older or very new RC libtorrent, and for both occasions enabling anonymous_mode is the answer and perfectly fine as "force_proxy behaviour" is already included.
QWIKAG

Post by QWIKAG »

Edit:
Thanks to mhertz below:
my post here worked but is not the best process.
Seemingly we use the standard process...
@mhertz,
Great thank you.
Yeah I could not find any instructions on this and went straight to github, and from there the garden path was my playground!
Thanks again.

I add my steps here anyway: They are not the best approach but hey they may help someone one day:
In Ubuntu 18.04
Check Python and PIP Versions:
$ python --version
$ pip --version
if no pip:
$ sudo apt install python-pip
setup setuptools:
$ sudo apt install python-pip
download the plugin zip from github
extract zip to Downloads/ or the like
$ cd ~/Downloads/deluge-ltconfig-master
Make the Add-on available in Deluge
$ python setup.py bdist_egg
I do not know where this egg was installed?
I would also like to know where libtorrent settings are so I can make a copy before I start making changes?
ltconfig seems to not have a backup method???
Last edited by QWIKAG on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hmm, little strange instructions honestly. Sorry :)

You install ltconfig like any other deluge plugin i.e. download the egg file and place into ~/.config/deluge/plugins and enable the plugin from any of the UIs or directly in core.conf.

When you download the source-code and build it with python setup.py bdist_egg, then the built egg file is in the dist folder, but you shouldn't need this in the first place because there already are prebuilt egg files to download i.e. release versions Vs source-code downloads.

There are no backups persay, but you can see everything you've changed away from default by looking at the preceding checkboxes and you can e.g. delete everything you've changed by deleting ~/.config/deluge/ltconfig.conf, or storing it instead as a backup, which is what I do.
Paint
New User
New User

Post by Paint »

I have updated ltConfig v0.3.1 to work with Deluge 2.0.3. I am still working on fixing the plugin to work with the Deluge GTK, but it currently works fine with the WebGUI.

https://github.com/JoshDi/deluge-ltconf ... -py3.6.egg

https://github.com/JoshDi/deluge-ltconfig
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

As I stated on github, thank you so much for doing this :) For others, even though there maybe is issues with the GTK-GUI, then if you have an old ltconfig.conf file backed up, then that is picked up fine from deluge profile dir and applied by the core, or you can make it by hand, just google ltconfig.conf and copy/paste it and delete the unused lines and add your own lines with settings referenced from libtorrent api docs. EDIT: Or, of-course, just use the web-GUI, sorry, I forgot that this worked :) I myself only use deluge-console/deluged, so haven't messed with any gui's, but I tested that it picks up and applies fine my ltconfig.conf file.

Edit2: There have been some extra fixes made since the release, so I built a new version for myself, which I uploaded here for others interested:

ltConfig-0.3.1-py3.7.egg with up to and including, commit c1ccf04(latest python used on arch linux, but you can rename down if needing older one):
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5010643460
Paint
New User
New User

Post by Paint »

WebGUI or old ltconfig.conf files work. I tried to update the GTK, but haven't had time to fully debug the v3 changes. Right now only the WebGUI works for configuration.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

Just curious, does the ltconfig always supersede the client config ie. Setting bandwidth/download speed per torrent to 7000, or setting download_rate_limit to "10000000", would torrents then download at 7 or 10mb/s?
Paint
New User
New User

Post by Paint »

idiocracy wrote:Just curious, does the ltconfig always supersede the client config ie. Setting bandwidth/download speed per torrent to 7000, or setting download_rate_limit to "10000000", would torrents then download at 7 or 10mb/s?
any setting you override in ltconfig will override the deluge setting, if it exists in the GUI or WebGUI.

ltconfig takes priority
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

Paint wrote:
idiocracy wrote:Just curious, does the ltconfig always supersede the client config ie. Setting bandwidth/download speed per torrent to 7000, or setting download_rate_limit to "10000000", would torrents then download at 7 or 10mb/s?
any setting you override in ltconfig will override the deluge setting, if it exists in the GUI or WebGUI.

ltconfig takes priority
Ok thanks. Another question, can you make a custom config or save edited config so you don't have to start over because of reasons?
Have experienced it resetting it self.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The modified settings are saved in your deluge profile-dir as 'ltconfig.conf' which you can backup and also have several different versions of, like I have some with just barebones needed stuff and others also including many of the settings from the high-performance-seed preset etc. Just make sure to have 'deluged' killed before backing up, or replacing it with another version(just like with 'core.conf' as your main deluge settings).
Last edited by mhertz on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.