[Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
highvoltage
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Post by highvoltage »

Thanks very much mhertz, there are actually a lot of changes with the update to libtorrent 2, I'm still hoping to see an update ratanakvlun.

I will start testing libtorrent 2.0.5 + ltconfig thanks for the update :D
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome bro, and indeed I was somewhat surpriced when my used distro updated to libtorrent v2.0.5 instead v1.2.15 and saw that it worked so good in deluge already. Granted I don't believe we use any of the newer v2 libtorrent protocol features, but still we get to use newest code and fixes for what is supported, nonetheless. Thanks alot ratanakvlun, Cas, Arvid, and Co.

Also, it's not that important to use my updated version, as despite original preset.py beeing from 2017, then not that much changed, maybe 10% at most I'd say, as rough estimate, but just thought nice to do regardless, after finding out it was hardcoded values, and not queried from lib itself(in older times I re-enabled the preset whenever libtorrent was updated, to be sure getting whatever possible preset updates included, though that doesn't work I found, as said).

The regular settings_pack and such, is not that much changed, or so I think atleast, so plugin still good, seemingly, but for sure would be nice to have a new version nonetheless, from the man himself.

Thanks for your post :)
sparxxx
New User
New User

Post by sparxxx »

mhertz wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:15 pm Here's ltconfig for deluge 2.x with it's (hardcoded) high_performance_seed preset updated to match libtorrent 1.2.15 and libtorrent 2.0.5 from its source-code(src/session.cpp):

Libtorrent 1.2.15:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Libtorrent 2.0.5:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Probably nicer to change to instead directly use lt.high_performance_seed() function, but to much logic in this plugin for me to comfortably hack it, considering my meager abilities, so just updated its older hardcoded preset values to match(original plugin using preset settings/values from 2017).
Thanks a lot! Unfortunately I am unable to install it. It doesn't even show up in the Plugins after I load the file :(
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome :)

I've just retested it, and works fine here, on arch-linux with deluge 2.0.5 and libtorrent 2.0.5 - I tested both btw, of-course.

I'd advice to move plugin into deluge-profile's plugins subdir manually, instead of using the install function of clients - also remember need placed into both profile-dir's if running thinclient, so one in server and one in client.

Last, this is only for deluge 2.x, sorry if that wasen't evident, probably wasen't, which I then apologize for, and just assumed since deluge 1.x doesn't support over libtorrent 1.1.x anyways, then would be clear, but in hindsight should obviously have stipulated it specifically, done now hereby, sorry.
sparxxx
New User
New User

Post by sparxxx »

mhertz wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:49 pm You're welcome :)

I've just retested it, and works fine here, on arch-linux with deluge 2.0.5 and libtorrent 2.0.5 - I tested both btw, of-course.

I'd advice to move plugin into deluge-profile's plugins subdir manually, instead of using the install function of clients - also remember need placed into both profile-dir's if running thinclient, so one in server and one in client.

Last, this is only for deluge 2.x, sorry if that wasen't evident, probably wasen't, which I then apologize for, and just assumed since deluge 1.x doesn't support over libtorrent 1.1.x anyways, then would be clear, but in hindsight should obviously have stipulated it specifically, done now hereby, sorry.
WOW, it worked!!! Thanks a lot! Really appreciate it!
Have a nice weekend!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for saying that, and being so appreciative, kind of you, and best of weekend to you too mate :)
hanschristian
New User
New User

Post by hanschristian »

mhertz wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:45 pm Thanks for saying that, and being so appreciative, kind of you, and best of weekend to you too mate :)
Hej ekspert :)

It seems the newest docker image from linuxserver/deluge contains deluge 2.0.5 and is embedded with "old" libtorrent 1.1.13.0.
Which one of the ltConfig 2.0.0 plugins should I use?
1) The original one from the github from 2019.
2) The one you provide on previous page which seems to be build for libtorrent 1.2.15, but that I might assume is backwards compatible with 1.1.13.0

Thank you so much.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words :)

As you stated, then indeed both will work, so your choise, though I probably would just use the original - some high-performance-seed preset settings maybe updated only because of newer changes in codebase, though for most part probably not that much i'd guess, hence your pick.

Maybe I upload a version with that preset updated for later 1.1.x, like yours, one of these days - btw, deluge currently only supports libtorrent 1.2.x in its develop branch, so next release will retire 1.1.x support, but how long untill next release I dont know.

Thanks again and appreciated, no expert for sure though, but kind of you to say :)
hanschristian
New User
New User

Post by hanschristian »

Thanks for quick reply,

Do you have any idea why linuxserver, which in my opinion makes some of the best and most frequent docker image uploads, is still using libtorrent 1.1.30?
Will there be any benefits in compiling deluge myself, to either get libtorrent 1.2 or 2.0? Either in performance, stability, or tracker acceptance?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Very welcome.

I just checked and that docker-image uses focal as base, so ubuntu 20.04.3, meaning libtorrent 1.1.13. They could add Cas's PPA for libtorrent 1.2-daily, but I guess they don't because there's an issue with that version(20.04) not working with said PPA, or the deluge-dev PPA's libtorrent, as won't start on that distro version, I believe because too old boost possibly(1.65).

I don't think there will be a big difference in upgrading honestly, unless having a specific issue that is fixed there, so 1.1.x should be fine to use for most, I believe atleast. Sure the newer includes more fixes and optimizations, but nothing night and day i'm thinking, for most atleast. Also, the reason deluge upped minimum supported libtorrent version in develop recently, wasn't because
of any specific issues with it, but rather only because wanted to ease the adoption of libtorrent 2.x, without complicating matters further through needing support 3 different branches additionally.

If still wanting build yourself however, then easiest is instead just using 'sudo pip3 install deluge libtorrent==1.2.*'(and for ubuntu-users the deluge-dev PPA from Cas with both dev deluge and libtorrent 1.2.x now).

Edit: I'm sorry, I got confused and mistook ubuntu 20.04 for 18.04 doh, don't know much about ubuntu honestly, but anyway so shouldn't be an issue with adding libtorrent 1.2.x daily PPA in that docker for the devs I believe, as uses boost 1.71, not 1.65, sorry - you could raise an issue-ticket about that on there github possibly, if not already raised there by others.