[Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] ltConfig v2.0.0

Post by mhertz »

Hi Ognisty321, sorry little occupied lately, but yeah it's fine, the settings are still enabled as you can see further down, and so just disregard the little confusing message there up-top :) Did read your other message too, just haden't time to answer before, sorry.
Ognisty321

Post by Ognisty321 »

I literally didn't read any messages, because I thought no one would ask that xD
makakam
New User
New User

Post by makakam »

Where do I find Deluge folder in TrueNAS Scale? I want to upload ItConfig plugin there.
st0rm
New User
New User

Post by st0rm »

I can't get either mrhertz or ratanakvlun to work with 2.1.1 with lt 2.0.7.0 for docker/windows thin client.

No settings will apply no matter what. They get written to ltconfig.conf, but don't get applied as they usually did.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

How do you verify not applied / what settings ?

(When enabling and setting up ltconfig first time, then if deluged later is killed and not gracefully shutdown, then next time starting deluged then ltconfig not enabled anymore, despite ltconfig.conf saved. Possibly this?)
st0rm
New User
New User

Post by st0rm »

In 1.3.5 when i applied, the application set max active connections in the status bar changed immediately, they don't now. But also speeds are just extremely slow without ltconfig preset, starts slow, max speed is around 20-30 Mb/s. Instead of immediately going to 100+ Mb/s with high perf preset.

I'm guessing it's because it's running lt 2.0.7.0 and the ltconfig is for 2.0.5.0 ? Although ltconfig does display "libtorrent version: 2.0.7.0".

Getting a bunch of these "11:29:54 [WARNING ][deluge.core.torrentmanager :1621] on_alert_performance: *TORRENTNAME*: performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached, outstanding_request_limit_reached"
Which i assume is because of default settings unable to handle it.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I don't remember for deluge 1.x but for v2.x it's normal this doesn't update in statusbar, though still applied, presumably value read from deluge setting or from libtorrent before ltconfig initialized I'm guessing haven't checked code though, but was worried about this some years ago too, and remember checking setting. If you check in ltconfig preferences page, then can see actual value currently.

For the performance warning, then normal and suggests upping max_out_request_queue setting.

Ltconfig works for all the libtorrents, and just has a hardcoded preferences list of presets for whenever selecting a preset in plugin - if not doing that(so having settings already made(ltconfig.conf) or only selecting manual settings), then irrelevant and don't neither need my build then.
bekax
New User
New User

Post by bekax »

I just recently came across this plugin, I couldnt ever go over 30MBps but now it goes for over 70~80MBps, which is perfect.
I'm running deluge on a Ubuntu 18.04 container, which downloads into a OMV share over NFS.
I ran speedtest (920 Mbps+) and performance over NFS (~120 MBps)

What I'm curious about is how can I clear or minimize RAM usage, since as soon as RAM gets filled when I start downloading a torrent, the speeds drop from 80MBps into 5-10 MBps?
I suppose RAM is just used to hold pieces until they get 100% fullfilled?
I have 1GB RAM, and when nothing is being downloaded only 240MB is being used. However I am unable to optimize this for max speed.. How do I get RAM to dump as soon as part is done?
st0rm
New User
New User

Post by st0rm »

mhertz wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:53 pm I don't remember for deluge 1.x but for v2.x it's normal this doesn't update in statusbar, though still applied, presumably value read from deluge setting or from libtorrent before ltconfig initialized I'm guessing haven't checked code though, but was worried about this some years ago too, and remember checking setting. If you check in ltconfig preferences page, then can see actual value currently.

For the performance warning, then normal and suggests upping max_out_request_queue setting.

Ltconfig works for all the libtorrents, and just has a hardcoded preferences list of presets for whenever selecting a preset in plugin - if not doing that(so having settings already made(ltconfig.conf) or only selecting manual settings), then irrelevant and don't neither need my build then.
I got it to work thankfully. Cleared out all remnants of Deluge 1.3.5 on both the docker and my windows client.

Now i'm just swamped by

Code: Select all

performance warning:
 the disk queue limit is too high compared to the cache size. The disk queue eats into the cache size, too_high_disk_queue_limit
while downloading.

Tried increasing both cache_size and decreasing max_queued_disk_bytes to no avail with speeds in mind.

Default max_queued_disk_bytes = 7340032 - Which should be 7 Mb afaik
cache_size = 65536 - Which should be 1 Gb

And says error appears when disk cache grows to half of cache.
I can't make sense of it, fiddling for a while now.

6 Gb RAM on the NAS running docker with Deluge 2.1.1. Idles at 1 Gb used, and never goes even halfway full.

Could someone guide me as to how i can reach 1 Gbit speeds, like i did on 1.3.5 in the same docker?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Still no changes in high-performance-seed preset, in latest libtorrent 2.0.8 and 1.2.18 compared to the last ltconfig builds I posted.

Well, to be completely honest then there where two options removed after libtorrent 2.0.5, read/write_cache_line_size, which I was to lazy to rebuild for, because they have zero influence anyway regardless, but just did now to be fully "propper", but as said, not important and need not update. It's only the libtorrent 2.x build, and not the 1.2.x one, but I just repost the old link to the 1.2.x build also, just to have the links together.

Last, as said, only need use my builds if actually selecting specifically in it: 'high-performance-seed' > 'load-preset' > 'apply', as otherwise irrelevant as your own older settings in ltconfig.conf used regardless of my changes here.

Libtorrent 2.0.6 - 2.0.8 high-performance-seed preset update:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg

Libtorrent 1.2.15 - 1.2.18 high-performance-seed preset update:
ltConfig-2.0.0.egg