[Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

[Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Post by Ratanak »

LabelPlus is a plugin for Deluge that can be used to organize torrents by assigning labels to them.
It was loosely based on Label 0.2 by Martijn Voncken, but adds much more functionality.

NOTE: LabelPlus works independently of the official Label plugin. Both can be used at the same
time but they will manage their labels separately and because both have move completed
functionality, it is recommended that you use move completed only in one or the other.

This is mainly a GtkUI plugin. It adds a status column, a torrent submenu, a sidebar tree, and
a status bar area. WebUI support is minimal with only a status column and label assignment
context menu.

Features:
  • Sublabels
  • Less restrictive label names
  • Ability to rename labels
  • Relative move completed paths
  • Auto-labeling based on torrent name or tracker
  • Limit torrent speed by label
Compatibility:
  • Requires at least Deluge 1.3.3
  • Requires at least GTK+ 2.16
  • There may be issues with plugins that:
    • Add columns: There is a Deluge bug that does not properly update indexes when a column is removed (e.g. by a disabled plugin)
    • Add tabs to the sidebar: LabelPlus adds a tab and connects various handlers that make interaction between sidebar tabs more fluid
    • Add drag and drop: LabelPlus overrides any existing drag and drop settings
    • Modify add torrent dialog: LabelPlus adds its own field at the end of the add torrent dialog options
    • Use button events in torrent view: LabelPlus uses button events to implement double-click features and creates context menu on empty views
  • If any move preference is set, there may be issues with plugins that:
    • Use TorrentAddedEvent: LabelPlus uses this event to automatically set labels on added torrents and may move the data as a result
    • Use torrent_finished_alert: LabelPlus uses this alert to move a torrent if it has been rechecked
Future plans:
  • New version notifications
  • Multi-label assignments (label/tag hybrid)
  • Full webui support
Downloads: https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-l ... s/releases

Changelog (Full):
Version 0.3.2.2
- Fix mapping without wildcard during config conversion

Version 0.3.2.1
- Fix browse button exception when using remote clients

Version 0.3.2.0
- Add autolabel criteria: label, filename
- Add option to move torrents to label specific download destination
- Add preference for resetting torrent options on label unset

Version 0.3.1.0
- Add label assignment functionality to torrent context menu in WebUI
- Fix move on path changes not being activated for labels with no children

Version 0.3.0.7
- Fix timestamp issue that caused label data to be constantly reloaded
- Fix removal of unlabeled torrent not being reflected in label tree
Last edited by Ratanak on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 am, edited 32 times in total.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] Label Plus

Post by bro »

Great. Will take a look at this asap!
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
Ashes
New User
New User

Post by Ashes »

Great plugin and just what I needed, thanks.

I was wondering though, is it possible to modify it so that labels can be applied when you are first adding a torrent to the client, in the "options" tab along with the rest of the settings? I don't know the first thing about writing plugins but I feel like that'd be a nice addition so people wouldn't have to hunt down specific torrents and tag them later (especially smaller ones, which finish downloading before you get a chance to label them).
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

Ashes wrote:I was wondering though, is it possible to modify it so that labels can be applied when you are first adding a torrent to the client, in the "options" tab along with the rest of the settings?
It's certainly possible but I am a little worried about compatibility with future versions of Deluge. The plugin already operates outside the intended plugin framework set up by Deluge and adding this feature requires hacks that would make the plugin increasingly dependent on the current Deluge version. I like the idea though, so I will see what I can do.
Smeagol01
New User
New User

Post by Smeagol01 »

what im doing wrong ? i cant get label+ getto move my files to the corresponding folder i specified
running on deluge 1.3.5 win7 x64 and not shure i it is version py 2.6 or 2.7 since idk whats the difference ...

... yes im new to deluge and love it
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

Smeagol01 wrote:what im doing wrong ? i cant get label+ getto move my files to the corresponding folder i specified
Label Plus currently does not automatically move torrents when a torrent is assigned a label or if the label path changes. It only automatically moves a torrent when the torrent finishes downloading (as per the normal move completed behavior). At first, I planned on making it move automatically, but then thought about the havoc that it could cause if initiated accidentally. I'll try to work it in and maybe add it as a preference option. In the meantime, there is my other plugin Move Tools which is meant to complement Label Plus with this exact problem in mind.
Smeagol01 wrote:running on deluge 1.3.5 win7 x64 and not shure i it is version py 2.6 or 2.7 since idk whats the difference ...
If you are using Deluge 1.3.5 for Windows downloaded directly from the site, then you want the 2.6 version. This is the default version of Python (programming language) that is used by Deluge on Windows.

EDIT: I just realized that this post might not have addressed your issue, Smeagol01. If it doesn't, please elaborate on what your problem is.
Smeagol01
New User
New User

Post by Smeagol01 »

nvm was fault on my side it seems i didnt hit ok when i specified path-.- works like a charm now
harveys
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Label Plus (Updated 2013-02-15)

Post by harveys »

Hello, thanks for your plugin its just what i was looking for.

Right now im using labels to move the finished files to specified directories per label.
I suspect i can do this automatically using the "Enable auto-label settings" and matching torrent names per name, although i don't know how that works. (is it a regexp?)

Please, can you tell me what do i need to write in the autolabel settings to, for example, move any torrent that contains the string "sample" to the directory e:\downloads\sample ??

Thanks! :D
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

harveys wrote:Hello, thanks for your plugin its just what i was looking for.

Right now im using labels to move the finished files to specified directories per label.
I suspect i can do this automatically using the "Enable auto-label settings" and matching torrent names per name, although i don't know how that works. (is it a regexp?)

Please, can you tell me what do i need to write in the autolabel settings to, for example, move any torrent that contains the string "sample" to the directory e:\downloads\sample ??

Thanks! :D
Unfortunately, it doesn't do regexes. I read that the Python 2.x standard regex library has issues with unicode regexes (mainly non-latin languages), so rather than having people complain that it doesn't work in some cases, I opted for simple case sensitive matching. If you really want regexes, I will consider adding it.

How autolabel works: Each line should be a group of case sensitive terms that must appear (all terms must match) in the tracker names or torrent name (this is only the main name, not individual file names contained in the torrent). You can have multiple lines and if any of the lines match, the torrent is given that label. If multiple labels have the same terms, then the torrent is given the first label that is tested and matched. This is a bit unpredictable, so it's best not to use the same (or overlapping) terms.

Your example: In the label options, you would first enable all the download options needed for move completed and set the directory to "e:\downloads\sample". (Side note: the parent directory of a top level label is the "Download to" directory that was set in Deluge preferences in the "Downloads" section.) Then go to the autolabel tab, select the torrent name option, and enter "sample" in the box. All new torrents with "sample" in their names will now be given the label and when they are finished downloading, they will be moved to "e:\downloads\sample". If you also want it to match "SAMPLE" (all caps), you would have to add it on a separate line in the box.
harveys
New User
New User

Post by harveys »

Thats great!! Thats enough to do what i want. I dont think regexes are needed then.

Thanks again for your great work!