[Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] LabelPlus v0.3.2.2

Post by mhertz »

I reuploaded bdutro's latest fork with the two pending PRs applied, because found it showed a few errors in log/terminal, though not important and just little annoying but still - one was from bdutro's fork itself, another from sammys PR and last from deluge itself when first time enabling plugin(when plugin build with latest python-setuptools), which I made all shut up now, and no other changes.

LabelPlus-0.3.2.4.egg

Last, I didn't bother add UI support, so you need script it yourself, but as requested here's latest Execute plugin from develop branch(works on deluge 2.0.3 and up), extended to output an additional fourth parameter of labelplus label, so you need in your execute script make checks for label e.g. in sh syntax '[ $4 == foo ] && bar', or 'if/else' clause, 'case' statement etc. Drop it into plugins dir of deluge profile, restart, and it will take precedense over default, as I upped version(and changed entry_points specifically needed for dockers).

Execute-1.4.egg
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

During testing previously, I found an issue with bdutro's labelplus fork, in certain specific scenario, failing to apply autolabel when following 3 criterias is true:
  • Using GTKUI in standalone mode(non-thinclient).
  • Disabled 'interactive_add', called 'Always show' in GTKUI 'Downloads' preferences pane.
  • Deluge freshly started with magnet URI appended e.g. from selecting a magnet link in browser when having magnet file-assoc's defined, or just manually from terminal(and deluge not running precedingly).

I'm currently seeing if can fix/workaround this in the plugin directly, and will post build if succeding, but meanwhile I workarounded it in deluge itself, so if being hit by this issue, then here's a command-line to copy/paste into a terminal, sorry windows users, haven't adapted to cmd format, but you can download the patch(url in command-line) and apply yourself, which linux users of-course also can if preferred instead.

My changes adds a check for above circumstances whenever a magnet URI added as appended argument and deluge not running precedingly - if testing return true then adds the magnet with a 1 sec async/non-blocking delay, so not using 'time.sleep()', but a 'twisted.reactor.callLater' wrapped function-call, and only in the case of these three criterias fullfilled, to not be too ineffecient at other times than this.

Works on deluge 2.0.3 and up to current develop branch.

Run a second time if wanting to revert back to default(displays "patch being reversed").

Needs 'sudo', 'patch' and 'wget' - if having 'curl' instead of 'wget', then exchange 'wget -O-' with 'curl'.

Code: Select all

sudo find / -path */python*/*/deluge/ui/gtk3 -exec sh -c 'wget -O- https://paste.c-net.org/ElliotRealise | patch -t -d {}' \;
neo

Post by neo »

Thanks once again for your continued maintenance of this (and other!) plugins!
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for the kind words mate, appreciate your posting :)
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

Hey mhertz im also trying to get this to work on Binhex's delugevpn docker container, im using "LabelPlus-0.3.2.4.egg" in your post viewtopic.php?p=233889#p233889
tried also adding -py3.9 to the end (not sure if it does anything).

in the thinclient on my windows pc there is no column entry and there is no right click entry, but there is a plugin entry.

In the webUI i have both the column and the right click entry and it has a plugin entry

though neither the thinclient nor the webUI has a preferences section to customize the labels and settings.
not really sure what the issue is here
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hi Jerrk, thanks for the detailed reporting :)

I just checked that binhex delugevpn docker on an ubuntu VM together with the labelplus version you quoted, and connected to it from my main linux thinclient gktui, and indeed I see what you mean. However, the issue is just the normal way deluge is functioning, meaning with thinclient setups, you have to have the plugins in both places, so both server and client. If only having it on server like your pic, then it still works at the core, i.e. autolabel rules etc, but you however aren't able to select anything interactively, like defining labels and setting preferences etc.

So just copy the plugin additionally into '%appdata%\deluge\plugins'.

Btw, you don't need the py3.9 part in filename - doesn't hurt, but annoying to have to rename on python version changes, hence I usually remove that part before uploading something, if remembers.
Jerrk

Post by Jerrk »

mhertz wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:03 pm Hi Jerrk, thanks for the detailed reporting :)

I just checked that binhex delugevpn docker on an ubuntu VM together with the labelplus version you quoted, and connected to it from my main linux thinclient gktui, and indeed I see what you mean. However, the issue is just the normal way deluge is functioning, meaning with thinclient setups, you have to have the plugins in both places, so both server and client. If only having it on server like your pic, then it still works at the core, i.e. autolabel rules etc, but you however aren't able to select anything interactively, like defining labels and setting preferences etc.

So just copy the plugin additionally into '%appdata%\deluge\plugins'.

Btw, you don't need the py3.9 part in filename - doesn't hurt, but annoying to have to rename on python version changes, hence I usually remove that part before uploading something, if remembers.
haha first time i learned that you need the plugins in both locations, really explains a lot of issues i've had with the plugins on thinclient :roll:

just copied the folder and now everything seems to work :)
pabs.agro
New User
New User

Post by pabs.agro »

Hi all.

I'm a first time deluge user, so please do not blame me...
I'm running Ubuntu 21.1, with deluded et deluge-web installed with apt.
Deluge is 2.0.3, libtorrent 1.2.15
Python 3.9.7

I cannot make native Label plugin move the completed files.
So I went to LabelPlus, but I cannot install it.
I tried though the Web Console "Plugins / Install" => Nothing Happens
I tried to copy the Egg file directly into /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins => Nothing either
I looked into my home directory /home/<user>/.config/deluge/plugins/ but it does not seems to be a place to copy egg files.

Restarting deluged and deluge-web is not helping.

What did I miss ?

Thanks for any help provided.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

pabs.agro wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:38 pm Hi all.

I'm a first time deluge user, so please do not blame me...
Hi! - and don't worry mate, we're a friendly bunch here, I promise :)
So I went to LabelPlus, but I cannot install it.
Use the bdutro fork, if not already, gotten from here: https://github.com/bdutro/deluge-labelplus/releases - Download the py3.8 version and rename the plugin's filename so either has py3.9 in name, or just completely remove that pyx.x part from file name. I also uploaded a version of that with a few PRs applied you could use instead if wanted, at top of this page, up to you(Ithis needs no renaming btw). Then with deluged stopped, you copy that plugin into, for ubuntu I believe, /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/plugins, and also local deluge profile folder, ~/.config/deluge/plugins, and start deluged again and start deluge. It's best to "install" plugins manually imho, as sometimes goes wrong otherwise e.g. there's a bug in webUI, or atleast where, etc.
Thanks for any help provided.
You're very welcome mate.
pabs.agro
New User
New User

Post by pabs.agro »

It did the trick, many thanks.

I'm still not seeing the Label menu (only the column and the contextual menu, with a "None" option") but I guess it is an unrelated problem

Thanks