Deluge crash after loading the BlockList

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Lysander

Deluge crash after loading the BlockList

Post by Lysander »

I have added the blocklist plugin to my Deluge install, and it just kept hanging on the "Downloading" after I added the PeerGuardian link to it. I thought that maybe a restart of the program would solve the issue, but not... Deluge, which has never crashed on me before, just wont start up. I can see the GUI for two seconds, but as soon as the download blocklist appears, Deluge crashes. From the terminal I get this output:

Code: Select all

lasse@njord:~$ deluge
no existing Deluge session
Starting new Deluge session...
deluge_core; using libtorrent 0.13.0.0. Compiled with NDEBUG.
Applying preferences
Pickling state...
Scanning plugin dir /usr/share/deluge/plugins
Initialising plugin TorrentSearch
Initialising plugin SpeedLimiter
Initialising plugin Locations
Initialising plugin NetworkHealth
Initialising plugin MoveTorrent
Initialising plugin SimpleRSS
Initialising plugin NetworkGraph
Initialising plugin WebSeed
Initialising plugin TorrentPeers
Initialising plugin ExtraStats
Initialising plugin TorrentFiles
Initialising plugin BlocklistImport
Initialising plugin EventLogging
Initialising plugin TorrentPieces
Initialising plugin DesiredRatio
Initialising plugin TorrentCreator
Initialising plugin TorrentNotification
Applying preferences
Showing window
Loading TorrentPeers plugin...
Loading Move Torrent plugin...
Loading TorrentFiles plugin...
Loading blocklist plugin ...
Fetching http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net/lists
/usr/share/deluge/plugins/BlocklistImport/ui.py:124: GtkWarning: gtk_progress_set_percentage: assertion `percentage >= 0 && percentage <= 1.0' failed
  self.progress.set_fraction(fract)
importing with pgtext
TextReader loading /home/lasse/.config/deluge/blocklist.cache
PGTextReader loading
TextBase loading
Starting import
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 121, in <module>
    start_deluge()
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 110, in start_deluge
    interface.start(get_cmd_line_torrents())
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/interface.py", line 924, in start
    self.plugins.enable_plugin("Blocklist Importer")
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/deluge/plugins.py", line 75, in enable_plugin
    self.enabled_plugins[name] = plugin.enable(self.core, self.interface)
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/BlocklistImport/__init__.py", line 29, in enable
    return BlocklistImport(path, core, interface)
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/BlocklistImport/__init__.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.loadlist(fetch=self.config.get('load_on_start'))
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/BlocklistImport/__init__.py", line 103, in loadlist
    ips = reader.next()
  File "/usr/share/deluge/plugins/BlocklistImport/text.py", line 37, in next
    raise FormatException(_("Couldn't match on line") + " %d: %s (%s)"%(self.count,txt,txt))
BlocklistImport.text.FormatException: Couldn't match on line 1: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
 (<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
)
The problem is solved when I remove the BlocklistImport folder from /usr/share/deluge/ But why can I not load the BlockList plugins correctly? Is there something wrong with my installation?? I am running Deluge 0.5.5

Looking forward to hearing from you, and maybe find a better solution? :=)
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Deluge crash after loading the BlockList

Post by daddy »

Lysander,

It looks like you're trying to import HTML as a blocklist, which should fail (though it shouldn't crash deluge). Try using http://www.bluetack.co.uk.nyud.net:8080 ... splist.zip (it is safepeer text, zipped).
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Well, but I had to remove the folder called BlocklistImport to get Deluge sucessfully started again. Is there any file where I manually can edit this information? Thanks for the answer!
zoinks

Post by zoinks »

daddy wrote:It looks like you're trying to import HTML as a blocklist, which should fail (though it shouldn't crash deluge). Try using http://www.bluetack.co.uk.nyud.net:8080 ... splist.zip (it is safepeer text, zipped).
It shouldn't crash deluge but it does. I have the same problem in deluge 0.5.5 and I removed ~/.config/deluge to get it to start up again.

The first time I tried importing some blocklists per the blocklist page the only one which would download for me is the safepeer list (if I remember correctly, that was a week or 2 ago and I won't touch this plugin again until it doesn't crash deluge).
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

zoinks wrote:
daddy wrote:It looks like you're trying to import HTML as a blocklist, which should fail (though it shouldn't crash deluge). Try using http://www.bluetack.co.uk.nyud.net:8080 ... splist.zip (it is safepeer text, zipped).
It shouldn't crash deluge but it does. I have the same problem in deluge 0.5.5 and I removed ~/.config/deluge to get it to start up again.

The first time I tried importing some blocklists per the blocklist page the only one which would download for me is the safepeer list (if I remember correctly, that was a week or 2 ago and I won't touch this plugin again until it doesn't crash deluge).
are you closing the preference window before the importing finishes? if so, dont. that causes a crash :p
ashz
New User
New User

Post by ashz »

I had the same problem, until i deleted my profile from the .config directory and started again.

Was using the safepeer one as well, but I think the problem is the time delay to download causes it to crash or something, try downloading the other ones manually they take ages..:(

I have got around it by manually downloading the splist.zip file (thanks zoinks)

http://www.bluetack.co.uk.nyud.net:8080 ... splist.zip

and saving it to /home/USERNAME/

Then in the URL field adding this instead

/home/USERNAME/splist.zip

or where ever you want to keep your blocklist file.

This will then load it up no problems, I also tried a restart and it is not crashing on me now. I hope this works for everyone, and that the auto download gets sorted soon.

Laters
ash
cb474

Post by cb474 »

I have this problem too, with 0.5.5. If the blocklist plugin is set to download on startup and if when deluge starts up it can't connect to the url for the list (because say the website is not working, which seems to be the case fairly often with these blocklists), then deluge either freezes or crashes and kills itself right away.

I found I only have to delete the blocklist.conf and blocklist.cache files in ~/.config/deluge to get deluge to start without crashing.

So it seems more stable to run blocklists from a file location on your computer. How valuable is it to re-download the blocklist everytime you start deluge? Do the blocklists change often? Is being updated with every last change much more effective as a privacy measure or is updating the list ever week or two pretty much as good?
ashz
New User
New User

Post by ashz »

I just download them once a month using the psplist..something is better than nothing, but wont protect you from everyone!!!
daddy
Seeder
Seeder

Post by daddy »

I have a /etc/cron.weekly/deluge-blocklist that looks a lot like:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

wget -O /home/daddy/.config/deluge/blocklist.cache http://www.btack.info/splist.zip