[Plugin] Autoshutdown - Shutdown PC once torrents complete

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
BatJac

Re: [Plugin] Autoshutdown - Shutdown PC once torrents comple

Post by BatJac »

This works for me but how to abort the computer shut down?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have released a new version that should fix recent issues with newer linux systems.
ekanshdeep_gupta
New User
New User

Post by ekanshdeep_gupta »

Sorry to report, in my PC (Linux Mint Cinnamon, running Deluge 1.3.6), the 1.3 version does not even function properly. I mean, that after installing the new plugin (tried both manually, and by the GUI), the plugin shows up. But when I check it (i.e. enable it), nothing happens. Usually (as is the case with all other plugins, and earlier versions of this plugin), a new entry appears in the preferences dialog box, bearing the same name as the enabled plugin, below Plugins entry on the left side panel. No such luck...The application is showing no indication that the plugin has been enabled. So I ask, has something changed? Is this intended? If so, how else am I supposed to use the plugin? And, if not, then please fix it.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

ekanshdeep_gupta
New User
New User

Post by ekanshdeep_gupta »

Okay, I apologize for reporting that non-issue there (fixed with a restart). However the real thing is, the autoshutdown is still not working! Here goes the error I received in the terminal output:

Code: Select all

[ERROR   ] 12:14:06 eventmanager:59 Event handler TorrentFinishedEvent failed in <bound method Core.on_event_torrent_finished of <autoshutdown.core.Core object at 0xa710fb6c>> with exception org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.67" (uid=1000 pid=3850 comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/deluge ") interface="org.freedesktop.login1" member="Shutdown" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.2" (uid=0 pid=849 comm="/lib/systemd/systemd-logind ")
The issue is still not resolved, albeit the error message has changed. Is something wrong on my PC, is there something I could do to fix this?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It looks like dbus login1 is denying the shutdown request.

Maybe something specific to Mint so might be worth asking for help from other Mint users. Oh and searching for this snippet of the error might give you clues:

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", interface="org.freedesktop.login1"
You can also try manually entering that dbus command from terminal. It's not identical to what is used by autoshutdown (slightly different method call) but see if this works: http://askubuntu.com/a/454077/8570
ifahmyy
New User
New User

Post by ifahmyy »

Hey mates I hope this tpoic is still active !

the Auto shutdown plugin not working with me im using deluge Client: 1.3.6 libtorrent: 1.0.6.0 on Ubuntu 14.4

this is the output when I open deluge :

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py:1031: UserWarning: /home/mahfahmy/.python-eggs is writable by group/others and vulnerable to attack when used with get_resource_filename. Consider a more secure location (set with .set_extraction_path or the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE environment variable).
  warnings.warn(msg, UserWarning)
and this when download complete :

[ERROR   ] 02:46:11 eventmanager:59 Event handler TorrentFinishedEvent failed in <bound method Core.on_event_torrent_finished of <autoshutdown.core.Core object at 0x7f63c40cba50>> with exception org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Shutdown" with signature "" on interface "org.freedesktop.UPower" doesn't exist

and this when I quit :

[ERROR   ] 02:46:58 init:57 Unable to disable plugin!
[ERROR   ] 02:46:58 init:58 deregister_event_handler() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/init.py", line 55, in disable
    self.plugin.disable()
  File "/home/mahfahmy/.config/deluge/plugins/AutoShutdown-1.1-py2.7.egg/autoshutdown/core.py", line 104, in disable
    component.get("EventManager").deregister_event_handler(self.on_event_torrent_finished)
TypeError: deregister_event_handler() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

So is any solution to get this plugin work?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

ifahmyy wrote:this is the output when I open deluge :

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py:1031: UserWarning: /home/mahfahmy/.python-eggs is writable by group/others and vulnerable to attack when used with get_resource_filename. Consider a more secure location (set with .set_extraction_path or the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE environment variable).
  warnings.warn(msg, UserWarning)
Nothing to do with Deluge, can search web for fix.
ifahmyy wrote: File "/home/mahfahmy/.config/deluge/plugins/AutoShutdown-1.1-py2.7.egg/autoshutdown/core.py", line 104, in disable
Not using the latest version...
ifahmyy
New User
New User

Post by ifahmyy »

So where is the leatest version of auto shutdown plugin? Also what you mean about nothing to do with deluge, please explain it little bit :)
ifahmyy
New User
New User

Post by ifahmyy »

I manage to solve the writeable by group/everyone error by running :

chmod g-wx,o-wx ~/.python-eggs

and deluge works fine but still now luck with auto shutdown :

[ERROR   ] 01:45:40 eventmanager:59 Event handler TorrentFinishedEvent failed in <bound method Core.on_event_torrent_finished of <autoshutdown.core.Core object at 0x7f6eb804ba50>> with exception org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Shutdown" with signature "" on interface "org.freedesktop.UPower" doesn't exist
anyhelp ? :(