[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by mhertz »

As well known, yarss2 crashes deluge for many, and sorry no fix from me sadly, but after some communication with a buddy from here, Ognisty321, then he asked if I could post his cought error message, so hopefully it could get attention from somebody in the know, as this issue is very prevailent if looking online at various sources. It happens when running subscription, but others report it happens intermittently and can run for hours fine sometimes, so hard debug.

This is the error, which though have been reported before, a couple years ago in the main "crashing" bug-report at official plugin-repo, with log and even core-dump posted, and author bendikro stated he would try find some time to look into it, but he must've been too busy apparently, understandbly of-course and big thanks for all his contributions! :)

Error from crash:

Code: Select all

(deluge:30252): Gtk-WARNING **: 19:47:46.849: Invalid text buffer iterator: either the iterator is uninitialized, or the characters/pixbufs/widgets in the buffer have been modified since the iterator was created.
You must use marks, character numbers, or line numbers to preserve a position across buffer modifications.
You can apply tags and insert marks without invalidating your iterators,
but any mutation that affects 'indexable' buffer contents (contents that can be referred to by character offset)
will invalidate all outstanding iterators
Last lines from debug-log:

19:47:46 [DEBUG   ][deluge.core.alertmanager          :61  ] Handling alert: session_stats_alert
19:47:46 [INFO    ][yarss2.core                       :64  ] YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:364: Update handler executed on RSS Feed 'foo (bar)' (Update interval 1 min)
19:47:46 [DEBUG   ][deluge.core.rpcserver             :61  ] intevents: {}
19:47:46 [INFO    ][yarss2.core                       :64  ] YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:408: Fetching subscription 'bar'.
19:47:46 [INFO    ][yarss2.core                       :64  ] YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:180: Fetching RSS Feed: 'foobar' with Cookie: '{}' and User-agent: 'Deluge v2.1.0 YaRSS2 v2.1.5 Windows/10'.
19:47:46 [WARNING ][yarss2.core                       :67  ] YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:399: Failed to convert TTL value 'None' to int!
19:47:46 [INFO    ][yarss2.core                       :64  ] YaRSS2.rssfeed_handling:429: 75 items in feed, 0 matches the filter.
Main "crashing" bug-ticket at plugin repo: https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... luge-often

Btw, the plugin has 10 external dependencies(e.g. requests and urllib3 etc), moslty though meant for windows users as linux ussually has atleast most of them already and I believe they get precedense, but regardless, just to try something(besides building older gtk3 releases as I tried before, or other runtimes) then I updated 8 out of those 10 to newest release versions, and only omited remaining 2 because already was at latest version. However still didn't change the issue reportedly, but might as well post just in case if others interessted.

YaRSS2-2.1.5.egg
Ognisty321

Post by Ognisty321 »

For the people with the same crashing Deluge problem, just use this batch. Change ProgramPath if you have Deluge in different directory.

@echo off
set ProgramPath=C:\Program Files\Deluge\deluge.exe

for /f "delims=" %%a in ("%ProgramPath%") do set "Program=%%~nxa" 

:Repeat
set Running=no
for /f %%a in ('tasklist') do if /i "%%a"=="%Program%" set Running=yes

if /i Not "%Running%"=="yes" start "" "%ProgramPath%"

timeout /t 10 > nul
goto :Repeat
irishj
New User
New User

Post by irishj »

Is this plugin still available anywhere, the site where it's hosted is no longer responding

https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... /downloads

"bitbucket.org took too long to respond"

Looking for a version which supports python 3.10.7 / Deluge 2.1.1

Thanks !
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

irishj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:59 pm Is this plugin still available anywhere, the site where it's hosted is no longer responding

Thanks !
Currently there are quite a few bugs with the latest version on windows, I believe linux works slightly better but still has some issues. You can scroll up only a few posts and find the latest .egg (plugin) necessary, and read about the issues/bugs with deluge 2.x.

A side note, bitbucket.org is working fine for me. Was probably just overloaded when you were trying it, but I'd use the .egg file posted above as I believe it has some fixes for the latest versions of deluge.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

mhertz, looks like you've been doing a bunch of stuff. Maybe you'd like to write permissions so you can commit and make new releases?
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Holy crap, sorry for being explicit, but that cought me off-guard :o I'm seriously honored you considering that bro, truly thank you so much for that and made me honestly very happy to read you say, so thank you so much for that buddy! I will though have to respectfully decline because I am in no way good enough for that, so wouldn't feel confortable with it, but again I really appreciate the thought! Thanks bro, appreciate you! :)
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

mhertz wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:23 pm Holy crap, sorry for being explicit, but that cought me off-guard :o I'm seriously honored you considering that bro, truly thank you so much for that and made me honestly very happy to read you say, so thank you so much for that buddy! I will though have to respectfully decline because I am in no way good enough for that, so wouldn't feel confortable with it, but again I really appreciate the thought! Thanks bro, appreciate you! :)
Fair enough, mhertz :)
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

irishj wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:59 pm Is this plugin still available anywhere, the site where it's hosted is no longer responding

Thanks !
I've added a new version for python 3.10, but there are no changes in the code.
Draic
New User
New User

Post by Draic »

my system runs python 3.11.3 and yarss can not be enabled (check mark won't stick).

How can I fix this to be compatible?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Rename the egg to include 'py3.11', or alternatively omit any py-version. This plugin is one of the few where deluge's semi-recent fix(deluge 2.0.4+), to ignore python versions('pkg_resources.Environment(python/platform=none)'), doesn't work, so need continue these meassures(rename). Not sure if because of the embedded deps or what honestly, and isn't a regression neither.

Edit: Just for completeness, it's 'pkg_resources.require("YaRSS2")[0]' triggering this error, used a few places i.e. 'load_libs()' of 'yarss2/__init__.py' and 'get_version()' + 'is_running_from_egg()' of 'yarss2/util/common.py'.