[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

YaRSS2 is an RSS plugin for Deluge administered through the GTK Client interface.

Latest version: 2.1.5 (2021-03-21)

Current features in YaRSS2:
  • RSS Feeds with individual update times.
  • Cookie support
  • Support for magnet links and enclosure tag.
  • Sending emails on torrent(s) added, with the list of torrents in the message.
  • Multiple (email message) notifications can be created and applied to different subscriptions.
  • Search using regex, one field for inclusion and one for exclusion.
  • When creating a subscription, you can see the list of the torrents on the RSS Feed, and also see which are matching the regex and which are not.
  • "Move completed", "Download location" and other options like "Add Paused" options.
  • Support for setting a label using the label plugin.
  • Log window containing info on what is going on.
  • It runs on the daemon, so it will work well in a daemon/thin client setup
Features that I hope to eventually find the time to implement
  • Smart episodes filtering including history to avoid the same episodes being added multiple times.
  • Command line client
  • Better search, maybe a helper to create regex filters.
Notes:
  • No WebUI support!
  • Expect to find bugs!
  • YaRSS v1.4.3 is tested with Deluge 1.3.15, on Ubuntu 15.04, Windows 7, and daemon on FreeBSD 10.
  • YaRSS v2.1.4 is tested on Deluge 2.0.3, on Ubuntu 18.04
Feel free to suggest features that you'd like to see implemented!

When updating to a new version of YaRSS2, remember to restart deluge (and the daemon if run separately).

How to install: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plug ... ingPlugins
Read this if you have daemon/thin client setup

Download: https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-y ... /downloads (Windows users need to check which installer they used (py26 or py27) to see which egg they need)
Changelog: https://bitbucket.org/bendikro/deluge-yarss-plugin
Wiki page: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/YaRSS2

If you need something more advanced than YaRSS2, FlexGet is the best alternative.
YaRSS2 is the only alternative that can be administered through the GTK client, but if you aren't afraid of setting up everything manually (outside of Deluge) you should take a look.
Last edited by bro on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 29 times in total.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
alexjj

Re: YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by alexjj »

Installed it and that works!

Edit subscription button didn't seem to do anything though.

Trying to figure out how to get it to download all torrents in a feed?

edit: some info -
Python 2.6
Deluge 1.3.4 on ubuntu
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

alexjj wrote:Installed it and that works!

Edit subscription button didn't seem to do anything though.

Trying to figure out how to get it to download all torrents in a feed?

edit: some info -
Python 2.6
Deluge 1.3.4 on ubuntu
Do you mean nothing happens when you click "Edit subscription"?, or does it not save the changes? Did you have any of the subscriptions selected?

To make a subscription download all the torrents in a feed, use .* in the include filter.
. matches any character, and * after the . means that zero or more of the dots will match the search. So since . matches anything, titles with zero or more of any character will match.

Regex can be bit complicated, so I hope to include a different type of search (like some other plugins).

You can test a subscription by right clicking and choose "Run this subscription". The difference when running manually is that it will reset the timestamp before running so that all matching torrents are added, including those that already have been downloaded. When the regular timer runs the subscriptions, it will save the timestamp of the last matching torrent so that it will know not to downloaded that torrent again on the next run.

I'm working on fixing the issue with only-ascii characters in the regex search, so that (hopefully) any unicode character will work.
Also a way of adding custom text when testing the regex search should be finished soon.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

Updated to v1.0.1

Changes:
  • Fixed issue with non-ascii characters in search pattern. Should now work with any unicode character.
  • Added tests to most of the core functionality as well as some parts of the GUI.
mfrazzz

Post by mfrazzz »

Hey there,

I'm a new Deluge user, as I'm looking to move off of uTorrent via Wine and uTorrent Linux Server. I have to have RSS feeds, so this plugin looks to be just what I'm needing. I'm running on BodhiLinux (an Ubuntu variant) and have Deluge 1.3 installed, Python 2.6, and added the YaRSS2 plugin. Here are the issues I have currently:

* I added an RSS Feed for EZRSS (http://www.ezzrss.it/feed).
* I added a Subscription for "Once Upon a Time" (that is the text in the first RegEx box). And made sure my Feed is selected for this. I can see in the lower window all of the things coming from the feed and can see last night's episode of Once Upon a Time. After I click Apply and/or OK, nothing happens. I can right click on this subscription and choose to Run, but still nothing happens. The torrent doesn't get loaded and doesn't start downloading.

Next issue:
I click on Add Subscription (this is for the 2nd subscription). Nothing happens. I don't get a new dialog. If I select the current subscription and click Edit, nothing happens. If I select the current subscription and click to remove it, then its removed. At that poine, Add Subscription works and I can now add a subscription (but I can never add 2. Only the first one.).

Next Issue:
Is YaRSS2 supposed to work in the WebGUI? If I go to preferences, it doesn't show up in the list on the left and its not enabled in the Plugins from the WebGUI. But its there and working in the Deluge client. On the WebGui, I've tried enabling it, but it does not show up on the left column, so I can't use it there.

Thanks for your work. Hoping to get these resolved.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

mfrazzz wrote:Hey there,

I'm a new Deluge user, as I'm looking to move off of uTorrent via Wine and uTorrent Linux Server. I have to have RSS feeds, so this plugin looks to be just what I'm needing. I'm running on BodhiLinux (an Ubuntu variant) and have Deluge 1.3 installed, Python 2.6, and added the YaRSS2 plugin. Here are the issues I have currently:

* I added an RSS Feed for EZRSS (http://www.ezzrss.it/feed).
* I added a Subscription for "Once Upon a Time" (that is the text in the first RegEx box). And made sure my Feed is selected for this. I can see in the lower window all of the things coming from the feed and can see last night's episode of Once Upon a Time. After I click Apply and/or OK, nothing happens. I can right click on this subscription and choose to Run, but still nothing happens. The torrent doesn't get loaded and doesn't start downloading.
It seems ezzrss.it has some capacity problems, as I often get a "Error 503 - Service Unavailable". However, after adding a feed and subscription as you describe, and running by right clicking the subscription, it is eventually added. But it seems to it take a few times (because of the 503 errors).
If that is not the cause of the problem you have, you might have encountered a bug (not entirely unlikely).

You could get more info by starting deluge with logging enabled:

Start deluge with this command in a terminal: $ deluge -l deluge.log -L info and in another terminal, show the log output: $ tail -f deluge.log
mfrazzz wrote: Next issue:
I click on Add Subscription (this is for the 2nd subscription). Nothing happens. I don't get a new dialog. If I select the current subscription and click Edit, nothing happens. If I select the current subscription and click to remove it, then its removed. At that poine, Add Subscription works and I can now add a subscription (but I can never add 2. Only the first one.).
This definitely sounds like a bug. Only way you can find the cause is by running deluge like described above.
mfrazzz wrote: Next Issue:
Is YaRSS2 supposed to work in the WebGUI? If I go to preferences, it doesn't show up in the list on the left and its not enabled in the Plugins from the WebGUI. But its there and working in the Deluge client. On the WebGui, I've tried enabling it, but it does not show up on the left column, so I can't use it there.

Thanks for your work. Hoping to get these resolved.
It's not supposed to work with the webui as there is no code written for that part. I'll add a notice to clarify that.

Thanks for the feedback.
salinas707

Post by salinas707 »

Is there any way to automatically assign labels to the torrents added by an RSS feed?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

salinas707 wrote:Is there any way to automatically assign labels to the torrents added by an RSS feed?
Not currently, but it could be implemented I presume.

Edit: I will implement this as soon as I can. Thanks for the suggestion!
smileboot

Post by smileboot »

I know this is probably alot harder to code than most requests.

But i would love an episode counter, or history checker would be a better description.

I.E. If eps 06x10 has been downloaded it wont attempt to download it again.

Much thanks in advance in advance, if you implement this.
Sparhawk
New User
New User

Post by Sparhawk »

Hi, first I wanna thank you, cause Ive been waiting for proper RSS for deluge and u are my hero now :)

But I have a problem installing this plugin.
Im using Windows version (1.3.4)
I downloaded version 1.0.1 both for 2.6 and 2.7 py version.
But when I tryed installing version 2.7 nothing happens and for version 2.6 I was able to add it to plugin selection, but when I check it and click apply, its unchecked again :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks for help