[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by gderf »

I am currently running YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg on Deluge 1.3.15 on Linux client and docker on server.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks mate, here you go:

YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg

I tested it worked, by adding an url as feed I knew would fail ssl check(I took one of the expired cert test links from badssl.com) and then log showed failed ssl(expired certificate) - then I rebuilt plugin with my change and replaced plugin and restarted deluge and now log states no ssl error nomore, but obviously other error about mismatched content, which is obvious(as not a feed link), but not important for this test, as just wanted see the first step of failed ssl test bypassed.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Thanks, works great.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're very welcome :)

@all, I built latest yarss2 v2.1.5 with disabled ssl checking, if some should have issues and need it, even though it's practically same as the py3.9-fixed/ssl-disabled v2.1.4 version I previusly posted, and bro just used a 'try' instead of mine direct call, but nonetheless, might as well use bro's more proper and latest version regardless.

Remember rename plugin-filename to correctly match installed/used python version.

YaRSS2-2.1.5-py3.9.egg
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

I spoke too soon. I am still seeing these in the log.

today at 11:20 AM /config/plugins/YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/yarss2/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:768: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
today at 11:30 AM /config/plugins/YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg/yarss2/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:768: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Ok, didn't see that myself, though didn't neither use actual feed. However, those are warnings because disabling verification of remote host through SSL, which you maybe was unaware off, though by design here. I'll remake it to shut it up about it(I'm guessing I can do that), just to make the logging more quiet, in an hour or two, and update this post with a link. Obviously better would be fix actual issue, though I'm not good enough to do that sadly, so this hack will have to do, though goes without saying you need trust url you insert, as no checks done, and people should understand implications before using, just talking in general here, and not directed at you gderf. Anyway, this is a movie feed with download links, which you add yourself, and not a banking site visiting etc, but just saying as standard warning I kinda have to say, when providing this.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Thanks, much appreciated. Not sure which ot the two feeds I am using trigger this warning, I didn't try disabling one or the other to test it but here they are:

http://yts.mx/rss/0/1080p/all/0
http://rarbg.to/rssdd.php?categories=44

One other modification I have hacked in myself is to extend the timeout in the rssfeed_handling.py file. Original value was 10, I changed it to 60 to accomodate a feed that was having problems a while ago.

# Will abort after 60 seconds (was 10 seconds) if server doesn't answer
try:
parsed_feed = feedparser.parse(rssfeed_data["url"], request_headers=cookie_header,
agent=user_agent,
timeout=60)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Cool, nice hack, well no hack, but propper fix actually, in contrary to mine ussually :)

Anyway, took some time, as the urllib(3) and 'requests' calls I tried for disabling these warnings didn't work for some reason, so in end resorted to using 'warnings' module and filtering/bypassing warnings of sort 'unverified requests', which did work(all credit, my good friend google as usual ;) ). Otherwise the logging would have shown on all feeds with https addresses, either in own url or referenced inside.

Note, I noticed there where a many years old cacert.pem bundled with the included requests module, and admittedly know nothing about this, but did remember this is a cert store used by some projects, and looking it up stated was used by earlier 'requests' before switching to certifi, well possibly got this wrong as not spend more than a quick glance on it very shortly, but anyway, I was thinking maybe it's that file which is outdated which some of these issues stems from, so I updated it from latest release of that file, which is from this year, and rebuit, so no disabled ssl/warnings and only change being replaced updated cacert.pem, so if anybody wanted try that instead, then a possibility, and sorry i'm to lazy to try myself now honestly, and was just a quick thought. The first version I did though test correctly shuts up now.

Disabled ssl/warnings:
YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg

Updated cacert.pem and not disabled ssl/warnings:
YaRSS2-1.4.3-py2.7.egg
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Thanks again. I'll let you know if there are any problems with the Disabled ssl/warnings version.
gortklatuu
New User
New User

Post by gortklatuu »

Hi,

with Deluge 1.3 I used a modified version of YaRSS2 that was able to automatically sort finished torrents into folders. The folder information was derived from an additional field in the RSS feed called "folder". Unfortunately, there is no updated version for Deluge 2 available.

So despite not speaking Python and knowing basically zip about Deluge plugins, I set out and analyzed the difference between the original and the modified version for Deluge 1.3. Those were actually just a few lines in rssfeed_handling.py and torrent_handling.py. I inserted those into the corresponding sections of the files of version 2.1.5 of the plugin (changing one if statement's condition to what seemed the Python 3 way), zipped up the files, renamed the zip to egg and copied it to the Deluge plugin folder. The plugin runs but for some reason does not seem to get the folder info from the RSS feed. Apparently, things are not so easy. :?

So… Would anybody be willing to help extend YaRSS2? The old modified version is available here: https://www.shanaproject.com/help/client/