[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
otyugh

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by otyugh »

Could it be simply because I'm using a armhf architecture on my seedbox ? I don't know much about pipe, but it'll seem pretty likely everything wouldn't be compiled for all arm version.

lbry-libtorrent was found tho.
Then I need to replace /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/libtorrent.cpython-39-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so by newly installed /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/libtorrent.so ; or will it take the newest like a good boy without struggle? ^^
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Im sorry, I should have asked(Debian after all is "the universal operating system"), but anyway yes that's the reason it wouldn't install I believe(it's only available for arm in aarch64).

When I tested that lbry-libtorrent in an Ubuntu VM a little time ago, then it was run automatically instead of the other, but I'm honestly not sure now that it will work, as think it's a static (non-arm) build of libtorrent, and they just forgot add restrictions off OS type upon install, when making it(its defined as python-only, so no limitations on OS used, though it includes a '.so' lib however, so not python-only imho, unless I'm misunderstanding something) - if you run 'deluged --version', then if worked will list libtorrent 1.2.4, and if not will list libtorrent 1.2.9, but am affraid I don't have high hopes for it working.

Sorry again for the non-helpful advice and hopefully others can help you how to proceed with arm platform, as unfortunetly I don't know honestly. Good luck mate.
otyugh

Post by otyugh »

if you run 'deluged --version', then if worked will list libtorrent 1.2.4, and if not will list libtorrent 1.2.9

Code: Select all

$ deluged --version
deluged 2.0.3
Python: 3.9.2
Me trying seem to confirm your prediction ?

$ python3 -c "import libtorrent; print (libtorrent.version)"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/libtorrent.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Anyway, your help was great, and the bug not that critical ; last items on the feed seem to download okay yesterday and today, so it's not like it crashed everytime at all ! ...It sort of work ? Also the markdown exclusion thing is superb, I almost feel like it's unfairly convenient :3
I'll just deal with this and wait for next debian version to fix the issue, amen ! Thanks again !
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for the kind words mate, appreciated, and sorry for the 'deluged --version' command, which I thought listed libtorrent version too, but was wrong, but you knew how to test regardless yourself I see.

Take care :)
dotlog
New User
New User

Post by dotlog »

Hey, so I was going to set this up and use it, and first of all noticed that I would have to use an earlier version due to me being a windows user. Then, when I got everything all set up, I went to add my cookies, and everything was looking great. Then I start it up, and see a cookie error. I look at the message log, and see that the plugin is adding random characters and extra words to the cookie format. Wondering if anyone knows why this happens because it's pretty annoying.

(2022-06-01T13:05:41): Fetching RSS Feed: 'Test' with Cookie: '{'Cookie': u'Cookie=pass=
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

The quote you posted is just defining a unicode string for python 2.x, so not an issue I believe. Sorry don't know what your error otherwise is about i'm affraid - don't have much experience with this and never used cookies with it neither.
dotlog
New User
New User

Post by dotlog »

mhertz wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:21 pm The quote you posted is just defining a unicode string for python 2.x, so not an issue I believe. Sorry don't know what your error otherwise is about i'm affraid - don't have much experience with this and never used cookies with it neither.
it's just what i noticed in the message log for the plugin. not sure how it got like that in the first place, but was hoping someone with a little more knowledge in python than me could help me out. this is an older version of the plugin, since the more recent version doesn't work on deluge 1.x, so this may very well not be an issue anymore.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Isn't there an actual error in the message log though?
dotlog
New User
New User

Post by dotlog »

mhertz wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:42 pm Isn't there an actual error in the message log though?
yeah, this one:

(2022-06-01T15:04:48): bozo_exception when parsing rssfeed: <unknown>:7:178: not well-formed (invalid token)
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, don't know - cannot find that error regarding yarss2 online, though several other places regarding malformed feed, malformed line somewhere(line 7 seemingly on your end), as per the error message, and sometimes also maybe issue with parsing backend.

BTW, if you're allowed dev builds of deluge on used trackers, then could try doadin's posted builds on the windows forum subsection(with a new yarss2 version), just use the next-previous posted builds, as last post from him had issues with the builds.