[Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [Plugin] YaRSS2 - RSS plugin with GTKUI support

Post by bro »

esplinter wrote:
bro wrote: Can you provide me with the RSS feed source (The XML data)? That would be make it easier to test and find out why it doesn't work. I think it might be already fixed in development repo, but to confirm I'd have to test.
I have sent you a PM. Thanks in advance.
They have the torrent link in the enclosure tag, and that should be fixed in the next version. I can create a test version if you'd like to test, but it might destroy your current config file ;-)
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

xlilcasper wrote:I am having problems processing the subscription link from kat.ph.

The RSS feed it gives links to a html page instead of a torrent file. I spent some time with Yahoo Pipes and reformated the rss feed so the link points directly to the torrent file however I am still getting

Code: Select all

Unable to decode torrent file! (invalid torrent file)
I even spent the time to make it follow redirects so I get the exact file name it is trying to download. I can add this URL into deluge and it adds it fine but I can't figure out why YaRSS2 won't add it. Here is an example of the RSS file AFTER processing from Yahoo Pipes.

The URL it is trying to process is https://torcache.net/torrent/DA23D2C76E ... 58.torrent

If I can provide any more information please let me know, I simply can't figure out why it is not processing the file.
There are two fixes in the development branch (soon to be v1.4). One is that it will check for enclosures, so that should fix the incorrect link. The other change is how url redirects are handled, which should fix issues with feeds that don't use direct links to torrent files. I'll fix a test version for you, but be warned, it might break something and maybe ruin your yarss2 config.
When reporting issues, please include any relevant information such as OS (and version), python version (for Windows users this depends on which Deluge installer was used), Deluge version and plugin version.
esplinter
New User
New User

Post by esplinter »

bro wrote: They have the torrent link in the enclosure tag, and that should be fixed in the next version. I can create a test version if you'd like to test, but it might destroy your current config file ;-)
I have a really small config right now so I have no problem to start from scratch. For sure I can do some testing if that is useful to improve the next release.

thanks!
UnnA^
New User
New User

Post by UnnA^ »

If i was to update to the latest version, would i lose my settings and feeds that i have already installed? My email functionality doesn't seem to work but i read the latest version it does?

Cheers.
Nokism
New User
New User

Post by Nokism »

Hi bro

Thanks again for this plugin i got it working using the Thin client, but how do i know if it is working on my seedbox?

I have a couple of tv shows set up to auto download and in the matching tab the whole line is blue
and it has matched only the shows i want but it doesn't seem to be downloading the torrent file?

am i missing something?

Thanks
Nok

Edit*

the message log is giving me this... (I changed the link a bit) but i tried the original link in my browser and it downloads a torrent file, not a redirect page...

(2012-11-16T01:25:45): Unable to decode torrent file! (invalid bencoding) URL: 'http://www.bitmetv.org/download.php/Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E28.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4.torrent'
(2012-11-16T01:25:45): Failed to add torrent 'Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E28.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4' from url 'http://www.bitmetv.org/download.php/Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E28.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4.torrent'
(2012-11-16T01:25:45): Adding torrent: 'http://www.bitmetv.org/download.php/Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E29.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4.torrent'
(2012-11-16T01:25:46): Unable to decode torrent file! (invalid bencoding) URL: 'http://www.bitmetv.org/download.php/Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E29.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4.torrent'
(2012-11-16T01:25:46): Failed to add torrent 'Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E29.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4' from url 'http://www.bitmetv.org/download.php/Cajun.Pawn.Stars.S02E29.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4.torrent'

Also once everything is working will it still do it's thing when i turn my pc off?
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

UnnA^ wrote:If i was to update to the latest version, would i lose my settings and feeds that i have already installed? My email functionality doesn't seem to work but i read the latest version it does?

Cheers.
It should keep your settings when you update with a new version, but you could make a backup just in case.
xlilcasper

Post by xlilcasper »

bro wrote:
xlilcasper wrote:I am having problems processing the subscription link from kat.ph.

The RSS feed it gives links to a html page instead of a torrent file. I spent some time with Yahoo Pipes and reformated the rss feed so the link points directly to the torrent file however I am still getting

Unable to decode torrent file! (invalid torrent file)
I even spent the time to make it follow redirects so I get the exact file name it is trying to download. I can add this URL into deluge and it adds it fine but I can't figure out why YaRSS2 won't add it. Here is an example of the RSS file AFTER processing from Yahoo Pipes.

The URL it is trying to process is https://torcache.net/torrent/DA23D2C76E ... 58.torrent

If I can provide any more information please let me know, I simply can't figure out why it is not processing the file.
There are two fixes in the development branch (soon to be v1.4). One is that it will check for enclosures, so that should fix the incorrect link. The other change is how url redirects are handled, which should fix issues with feeds that don't use direct links to torrent files. I'll fix a test version for you, but be warned, it might break something and maybe ruin your yarss2 config.
I would be happy to test, as I'm just starting out I'm not too worried about my config file,but thanks for the warning.
esplinter
New User
New User

Post by esplinter »

Hi Bro,

I have been testing the development version and I have found some strange behaviour.

My setup is deluge-daemon 1.3.5 running in my HTPC (xubuntu 12.04 x86_64) and deluge-gtk-client 1.3.5 in my desktop machine (OSX mountain lion) connecting to deluge-daemon in my HTPC.

To try the development version I downloaded the source code from github in my HTPC machine and then "git checkout development" and then "python setup.py bdist_egg" which generated the file YaRSS2-1.1.4-py2.7.egg. I have then removed the older version of yarss2, installed the new one and restarted deluge-daemon. Once upgraded I can see in the plugin properties that version 1.1.4 of yarss2 is installed. The strange thing is that from my mac I can´t see yarss2 configuration GUI. If I open the deluge-gtk-client in my HTPC connecting to the same deluge-daemon running in localhost I can see the yarss2 config GUI. So I can only see the yarss2 configuration GUI from my linux machine but not from my mac machine (both connecting to the same deluge-daemon).

So I have tried to configure a subscription from my linux machine and seems to work but the torrent doesn´t start downloading. In the log I see that one entry matched my search. I don´t see any error in the GUI log but I have seen this in /var/log/deluge/daemon.log

[ERROR   ] 21:05:13 rpcserver:303 Exception calling RPC request: 'cookies_dict'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 298, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/core.py", line 76, in initiate_rssfeed_update
    self.rssfeed_timer.rssfeed_update_handler(rssfeed_key, subscription_key=subscription_key)
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/rssfeed_handling.py", line 434, in rssfeed_update_handler
    self.yarss_config.get_config())
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/yarss2/torrent_handling.py", line 151, in add_torrents
    torrent_match["cookies_dict"],
KeyError: 'cookies_dict'
thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. I double checked that I am running the latest available version of deluge in my osx machine (https://github.com/downloads/vguerci/De ... 1.x64.tbz2) and even tried to delete deluge config in my mac and start from scratch but I couldn´t get the yarss2 gui (it worked with yarss2 1.1.3)
bro
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by bro »

@esplinter
Yeah, the development version on github is broken, I'll update it any minute.

Try the attached version instead. I've tested it fairly well, so believe it should work, but I haven't tested how well it handles older config files.

I had to exclude the source files for the size of the eggs to be under 1MB, which is the size limit on attachments here.

Changes:

* Added new options in the subscription dialog (Bandwidth, General).
* Added support for the enclosure tag in RSS feeds.
* Using the requests library to handle redirects properly so that non-direct torrent links work.
* Added "Copy link to clipboard" button to the right click menu in the subscription panel.

Bug Fixes:

* The checkbox ("On torrent added") to enable a notification in the list of notifications
for a subscription was not working.
* Tooltips were displayed on the wrong row.
esplinter
New User
New User

Post by esplinter »

bro wrote: Try the attached version instead. I've tested it fairly well, so believe it should work, but I haven't tested how well it handles older config files.
thank you very much!!! it works great!!

I have just tried it with three different trackers and works perfect in all of them. Two of the trackers use the btiTracker software which didn´t work in 1.1.3.

I have also configured the send email utility (using gmail smtp) and work great!!! and I have done all the configuration from my osx machine :lol:

thanks for this great plugin bro :)

EDIT: I have just got this error when enabling/disabling the plugin :(

[ERROR   ] 02:44:30 rpcserver:303 Exception calling RPC request: 'CorePlugin.YaRSS2'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 298, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 510, in enable_plugin
    self.pluginmanager.enable_plugin(plugin)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/core/pluginmanager.py", line 82, in enable_plugin
    super(PluginManager, self).enable_plugin(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/pluginmanagerbase.py", line 151, in enable_plugin
    component.start([instance.plugin._component_name])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/component.py", line 290, in start
    if self.components[name]._component_depend:
KeyError: 'CorePlugin.YaRSS2'