Auto pickup torrents from folder

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Auto pickup torrents from folder

Post by sluthead »

This was mentioned briefly in the development section but i thought i would make an official request for it.

It would be great to be able to drop torrents in a folder and have them auto picked up and the torrent file moved as well. Configurable options would be the directory to pick up from and the time delay involved (1min - whatever).
wohali
New User
New User

Announcing MoveTorrentPlus 1.0.1!

Post by wohali »

NOTE: This plugin is officially obsolete as of deluge v0.5.7.1. The only feature it includes that is not in the released code is the ability to add a suffix (e.g., .loaded) to auto-loaded torrents.

ASCII and ye shall receive! Extract this to your plugins directory, e.g. /usr/share/deluge/plugins/ :
Last updated 2007.09.18 06:00 UTC - reuploaded 2007.10.28 05:00 UTC
MoveTorrentPlus-1.0.1.tar.gz
MoveTorrentPlus v1.0.1
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
Features
  • Auto-processes torrent files found in a specified directory
  • Optionally moves auto-loaded torrent files to a different directory
  • Optionally adds extension to auto-loaded torrent files (ex: .loaded)
  • Incorporates Marcos Pinto's Move Torrent Plugin features:
    • Move torrent data to a different directory without having to remove and re-add the torrent (Right-click on torrent to activate)
    • Automatically move finished torrents to a different directory
Notes
  • Disable the MoveTorrent plugin first. This plugin contains all of its functionality.
  • Special thanks to markybob for writing good core and plugin code. It made writing this plugin a snap.
Wishlist
  • Ability to move .torrent file when torrent is done downloading as well as moving the data storage, without incurring a recheck. I think markybob will have to add another interface to the C++ core for me to do this purely in plugin code. Or I could have a go at hacking the core myself...
  • Logging - does anyone want this to log? I'll implement it if I receive enough requests in this thread.
Last edited by wohali on Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Auto pickup torrents from folder

Post by sluthead »

thanks, can't wait to try!
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Post by sluthead »

I'm afraid I have some problems with the program closing after setting the preferences.

Code: Select all

Loading MoveTorrentPlus plugin...

(deluge:31769): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: gnome_vfs_get_uri_from_local_path: assertion `g_path_is_absolute (local_full_path)' failed

(deluge:31769): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **: gnome_vfs_get_uri_from_local_path: assertion `g_path_is_absolute (local_full_path)' failed

Applying preferences
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'libtorrent::invalid_encoding'
  what():  invalid bencoding
Aborted (core dumped)
I'm sure we will get there though, I am very happy about it :D
wohali
New User
New User

Post by wohali »

edit: Fixed. Try v1.0.1.

You may want to remove your ~/.config/deluge/MoveTorrentPlus.config file to fully test this plugin.

Anyone else tried this? Any comments? Please post! Works perfectly here ;)
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Post by sluthead »

nah its not working at all. I removed the file like you said and ensured the other plugin was disabled (which it was). The first time i set the parameters and restarted the torrent didn't get picked up. the second time i opened the preferences and changed the time and pressed save deluge just closed down and will not reopen.
wohali
New User
New User

Post by wohali »

weird. Can you send me your prefs file? Everything is working here - need to figure out what's wrong with your setup, my code, or some combination thereof.

Are you running 0.5.5?
sluthead
Leecher
Leecher

Post by sluthead »

I installed the latest version from svn 0.55.95 and the plugin doesn't do anything at all now (despite being enabled).

Ok, now i clicked disable, enable again and deluge shuts down and won't restart.

Maybe it's my version of python (2.5) in gutsy beta.
ids
New User
New User

Post by ids »

Can someone repost that file. The link is down.

Thanks.
Comm
New User
New User

Post by Comm »

Hey, yeah can someone else please post that file? It doesn't seem to exist in deluge's web space any more :(