[Plugin] External IP For Status Tab

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: External IP For Status Tab

Post by Cas »

You have to use the py26 plugin on Windows.
makuab
New User
New User

Post by makuab »

but I have python 2.7 installed on my windows machine, do I need 2.6 installed in windows? or Ubuntu? or Both? When I check the plugin and click apply, it unchecks itself.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have tested with the same setup and not seen any issues.

If you installed Deluge from the windows installer then the bundled python is 2.6. You can check the config plugins folder to verify the correct version is installed. If it is unchecking itself it may suggest a different issue and you need to enable logging.
makuab
New User
New User

Post by makuab »

It looks like it's working now, weird. Thanks for you help.
DasFox

Post by DasFox »

Hi Cas,

Is this support now built into 1.3.5 or will this plugin still work for that version, or a new one has been created?

THANKS
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It will work for all 1.3.x versions.
DelugeTime
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] External IP For Status Tab

Post by DelugeTime »

Ahhh this is just the thing I was looking for! You don't find this in other clients at least I haven't seen it and its nice when using a proxy or vpn etc, just to keep an eye on the IP...

I hope you will PLEASE keep this updated in all future versions of Deluge and maybe add it in as one of the included plugins with Deluge, or at least PLEASE put it on the Plugins page where people can find this to download...

I just put this in 1.3.5 and it looks to be working good...

BIG THANKS! :)
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Hello, if i may id like to request maybe or suggest or warn that this actually only simply goes to a website that lists your ip then formats it to be displayed. This is ok however even with a proxy enabled (not a vpn) it shows your "real ip" instead of the proxy ip. Maybe if prossible you could change it or updated it to show the output from libtorrent alert "external_ip_alert" as this returnes the ip seen by the tracker and should be more accurate to the real ip adress used by the client. qBittorent uses this to show the external ip in the logs and it works very nicely and updates the ip even when the proxy ip changes.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have added the alert to core but needs further work on storing and displaying in UIs, it is mentioned here http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plan/libtorrent but probably should have created a ticket.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

I can make a ticket and probably include patches to add the alert to the UIs if you want? I was just throughing the idea out there but if its gonna happen i can help more maybe.