[Plugin] External IP For Status Tab

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: [Plugin] External IP For Status Tab

Post by doadin »

Also are those items listed in that page things you want to add like are they approved? Because i know you where unsure of adding the other options i made tickets for and they are not on the list but if those are like already approved i believe i can make patches fairly quickly for a few of them(from quick glance of whats there) to help get 1.4.0 ready.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If you want to have a go at proving a patch sure.

The libtorrent plan is a list of what ideally should be included for next release, however anything under session_settings is covered by ltconfig so should be left for now.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Hello, i have been looking into trying to get convert this plugin to use exteral_ip_address from libtorrent so its easyer to see out torrent ip and not just the ip used by python for connections not through libtorrent. Currently it reports the ip used for things like adding torrents from url which isnt proxied. Therefor the ip we see isnt necessarily the one in use by libtorrent for peers and trackers. Ive also been trying to add a config option for checking the our torrent ip against a ip set in config and pausing is true so we can set our real ip in the config then if our real ip is ever used for tracker communication the libtorrent session will be paused to try and avoid ip leaks. Im not really sure how to read the libtorrent external ip.(99% sure i didnt do it right) Its a rough try:

https://github.com/doadin/deluge-ipstatusbar

Mocking can commence now lol.

Anyways it deffinalty needs work and could use a update to provide the option to set the "real ip" in the gtkui/webui and w.e. instead of having to do it manually.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2490

It's likely that a new event will be utilised to update the UI's.
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by doadin »

Cool, i know for me at least though it would be nice to have the checks too. However that can be just added in the plugin since i know you dont like to add too much to the main client. So i guess just a feature request for the plugin once the alert gets an event.
JeffZwolle

Post by JeffZwolle »

My install:
Serverside is running on Linux.
checked with:

Code: Select all

python -V
It's seems to be running Python 2.7.8

Windows 7: Deluge 1.3.11 thinclient
Even though Python 2.7.x is running on the serverside, I had to use IPstatusbar-0.1-py2.6.egg on the Windows-client to make it work.

Thank you for the plugin :-)
jagstyles

Post by jagstyles »

I have tried both versions and cannot get this to work. I'm currently using v1.3.12.dev0 of Deluge Web UI through my Asustor NAS. Any ideas/suggestions how to get this working? It shows up in my plugins list but when I check the box and apply, nothing happens.

Thanks
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

jagstyles

Post by jagstyles »

So my understanding from your reply then is that the plugin is not currently supported in the Web UI version of Deluge? Is that correct? Any chance we will see an update that would allow for it to be used as well?

Thanks
jagstyles

Post by jagstyles »

Anyone?!?! Can we get an update on this and whether there is any reliable way to get this plugin working on Deluge Web UI?