[Plugin] Batch Renamer

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Linwelin
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Batch Renamer

Post by Linwelin »

i had changed it to 2.6 before, but i changed it to 2.5 as u suggested and it worked! thanks

-------------------------------

I tried to rename something but it keeps reverting back to the original name.
sstamoulis

Post by sstamoulis »

For anyone interested, I have changed this plugin to use a regex find/replace pattern.
You can download the egg files for python 2.6 and 2.7 here: https://github.com/sstamoulis/batchrena ... v0.2-regex
explainer

Re: [Plugin] Batch Renamer: Is there any documentation?

Post by explainer »

:?: Hi all,

I just installed Batch Renamer, but I can't seem to find any documentation about how it works. Can someone point me in the right direction?
adampski
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Batch Renamer for 1.3.1

Post by adampski »

ergohack wrote:Here as a modified version which enables using season 0. This is useful for media managers which use season 0 for specials, such as PLEX.
Great work.

I have to admit though. Whilst we all appreciate the work that has gone into this plugin, it is utterly useless without any documentation.

For anyone who comes across this in future, and doesn't want the S00E00 constantly preappending their files... Right click on desired torrent to rename > Rename Torrent > in the "Filename Template" text box, insert anything that will occur constantly on all files within the white area. If you have one file you're editing, put the new file name in the "Filename template" textbox, not under the "New name" column. If you have multiple files in the white area, this will alter all those files to what ever you put in the "Filename template".

Altering the file name from BatchRenamer-0.2-py2.7.egg to BatchRenamer-0.2-py2.6.egg also worked.

This plugin is a shambles, a half hearted attempt to finish it to say the least.

Edit: There appears to be a requirement for the files' naming convention. Any files named "FILENAME S01 E01" will not be interpreted correctly by the plugin, you must manually edit the files the remove the space between the "S01 E01" for the plugin to work.
blazemonkey
New User
New User

Post by blazemonkey »

I really like the idea of this plugin, it works perfectly for me and I want to use it. But, the only thing stopping me is that I have a lot of torrents, this can make managing them difficult because then the name displayed in deluge changes as well.

I notice that if you rename a torrent's folder to "South Park/Season 1" it actually creates the directory structure, and it's awesome that this works, but then in the torrent list, the same then just comes up as "South Park" Bahh!

I don't think it would be difficult to grab the original torrent name from the state files somehow, but I know too little about the internal workings of this software to do it myself. That might prove to be a fun project.
fedya

Post by fedya »

Well I usually use BatchRenameFiles Tool for the downloaded files renaming purpose. I suggest it too. Thanks
phantom04

Post by phantom04 »

Is there a way to invoke this once a torrent is added or completed?

I would love to, for instance, automatically replace dashes or spaces with periods whenever a file comes down via RSS.
THE_fat_panda
New User
New User

Post by THE_fat_panda »

Well, it's a long shot now, but is there a way to get this to work with Deluge 2.xx?
It's really quite useful & it'd be a shame to lose it.