Help creating a plugin, problems interacting with UI...

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Hiram

Help creating a plugin, problems interacting with UI...

Post by Hiram »

Hi guys, I've decided I'm interested in developing a plugin for Deluge to let me rename files torrent, so I can keep seeding them but maintain a clean filesystem :

I thought I'd start by implementing it in GTK then move over to the WebUI as I've had a lot of experience working with GTK. The problem I'm having is that the gtkui portion of the plugin does NOT appear to register at all when I enable the plugin. I've confirmed this by spamming the log with output from core.py (which works) but gtkui doesn't. Is there something special I have to do to get it to recognise it?

I've noticed the documentation for the 1.3 releases is a tad sparse. If I can get this plugin sorted out, I'd be happy to supply any documentation to help make it easier for people to learn.

Thanks guys.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Help creating a plugin, problems interacting with UI...

Post by andar »

Hiram wrote:Hi guys, I've decided I'm interested in developing a plugin for Deluge to let me rename files torrent, so I can keep seeding them but maintain a clean filesystem :

I thought I'd start by implementing it in GTK then move over to the WebUI as I've had a lot of experience working with GTK. The problem I'm having is that the gtkui portion of the plugin does NOT appear to register at all when I enable the plugin. I've confirmed this by spamming the log with output from core.py (which works) but gtkui doesn't. Is there something special I have to do to get it to recognise it?

I've noticed the documentation for the 1.3 releases is a tad sparse. If I can get this plugin sorted out, I'd be happy to supply any documentation to help make it easier for people to learn.

Thanks guys.
Did you build your plugin egg and put it in your ~/.config/deluge/plugins directory?

If you're running with a separate daemon/ui and they are located on different servers or if they do not share the same config directory than you'll need to make sure both have the same .egg installed.

Are you seeing any other errors when you try to enable the plugin? Run the deluge-gtk with -L debug to see the debug messages.
CSB
Leecher
Leecher

Post by CSB »

FYI, I found it necessary to restart my daemon in order to get it to load new versions of my plugin during development (no client portion to my plugin)
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

Thanks for the help guys. The problem was a mixture of not restarting the daemon, and not using debug output from the GTK client. Hopefully I'll have the plugin finished soon!
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

Another question, how do I go about getting a list of all the files and folders from a torrent?

I've found stuff for finding the selected torrent, but no way to find the files of that torrent.

Edit: Never mind, I found out! I must say, this is a really great system. So easy to use.
Hiram

Post by Hiram »

Hi guys, I have another question relating to plugin development, I didn't see the point in creating another thread for this.

How do I go about releasing a Python 2.6 version of the egg file? I'm running 2.7 at the moment, but I understand some users aren't running that, so I thought it would be nicer to release a 2.6 version of my plugin rather than force everyone to update.

Thanks guys!