Parse and rename files with flexget or regexp?

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Solarisphere

Parse and rename files with flexget or regexp?

Post by Solarisphere »

I've got FlexGet up and running, and now I'm wondering if there is a way to parse and rename the downloaded files. FlexGet's "series" plugin is able to parse the names of TV shows, and I would like to rename the files to TVshowname.S__E__.mkv I'm using the deluge plugin to download them and move them to the correct folder upon completion.

Is it possible with FlexGet? Or does anyone know of a way to filter and rename them with regexp? I want to get rid of the release group and source info in the filename.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Parse and rename files with flexget or regexp?

Post by Cas »

It is something I have wanted for a long time on my linux box. The best renamers i've used have all been windows based and I started writing the post with a few of the links to them and actually ended up with a compilation of what I think is possibly all of the major renamers out there... :geek:

Windows Platform Independent
  • airdate.pl -A perl script that kind of worked for me but not perfect
    tvrenamer - New version 0.6 supports linux now, needs mono
    tv-renamer - Java GUI renamer
    sickbeard - Python based
    tvnamer - Python based and a cursory glance suggests this could be what you are looking for
Finally there is also interesting proposal with Universal Media Manager that you could keep your eye on.

Handy link for tv show naming convention: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows

P.S. You are aware that if you rename the downloaded torrent files it will break the ability to seed the torrent so this could be a reason neither torrent clients nor FlexGet implement the functionality.
Solarisphere

Post by Solarisphere »

Thanks for the list! I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 (soon 10.04), so I obviously can't use any of the windows ones. I found a few references to Universal media manager in the XBMC forums, but it sounds like it's still in the early stages of development. XBMC is what I'm renaming them for though. I've got an ION330 based HTPC attached to the TV and speakers, and it streams video off the computer in my room. XBMC is pretty good at cutting through the crap in the DLed filenames, but I want it to be clean. I was hoping if flexget or deluge could rename the files then it might be able to keep seeding them even after the automatic name change, but if that isn't possible then I can see why it wouldn't be supported.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

The integrated RSS plugin I'm planning to write for 1.4 will be able to do this.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

Solarisphere wrote:FlexGet's "series" plugin is able to parse the names of TV shows, and I would like to rename the files to TVshowname.S__E__.mkv I'm using the deluge plugin to download them and move them to the correct folder upon completion.

Is it possible with FlexGet?
It is not currently possible, but give me a few days, I'm working on it. ;)

EDIT:
This is possible as of FlexGet r1227. See the wiki page for the deluge plugin for more details.
rednoah
New User
New User

Re: FileBot TV Renamer

Post by rednoah »

If it's just tv renaming you're looking for, check out FileBot (definitly beats most of the apps listed above):
http://filebot.sourceforge.net