Loading Blocklists

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Loading Blocklists

Post by trektorrents »

Sorry for the basic question, but fiddling with the app and searching the forum, I don't see a step by step on actually loading the blocklists.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.
plisk

Re: Loading Blocklists

Post by plisk »

trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

Thank-you, plisk. I have seen that. I know where to find blocklists, I have activated the importer plug-in. Now, what I'm asking is: "How do I enable the lists?"

In KTorrent, for example, there's an Idiots Button that says, "Download, load and run blocklist" more or less. The wiki says what the plug in is, where to find lists, and not how to run it, as far as I can tell.
Hamsterkill

Post by Hamsterkill »

It first has to be enabled through the plugins screen. On that same screen, after you enable it a button called "configure" becomes ungreyed. Click on that, from there you can put a file location or a URL to a blocklist. Make sure you tell deluge what the compression of the list is too. I think there's also a checkbox that you can check to have deluge download and load the blocklist at startup every time.

(My apologies if the above is not completely accurate, trying to describe it from memory since I don't have deluge on this computer).
Joel0608

Post by Joel0608 »

This question is along the same track as the original poster so, How do we know if the blocklist is actually working? Does it save a log file somewhere or display a message in the event log when an IP has been blocked?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Joel0608 wrote:This question is along the same track as the original poster so, How do we know if the blocklist is actually working? Does it save a log file somewhere or display a message in the event log when an IP has been blocked?
sure, if you have the event logging plugin enabled.
Joel0608

Post by Joel0608 »

Ok, I have these events checked: Peer Blocked, Peer Ban Error, and Peer Messages. Which one of those three (or all) say when an IP has been blocked from the list? Thanks for the help!

Btw, Deluge is an amazing program! :) Just as good as uTorrent, only better since it's a Linux app. ;)
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

Hamster, thanks, found, imported and installed.

Great app, team, thanks so much! Once the web interface is running, I'll switch permanently.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

Joel0608 wrote:Ok, I have these events checked: Peer Blocked, Peer Ban Error, and Peer Messages. Which one of those three (or all) say when an IP has been blocked from the list? Thanks for the help!

Btw, Deluge is an amazing program! :) Just as good as uTorrent, only better since it's a Linux app. ;)
peer blocked is the ip blocked one
nikotra

Post by nikotra »

I'm sorry but i don't understand if i can use one ipblocklist or more.
If i can use more list, could someone explain me like? Or if i can only use one blocklist what is the best?
And is normal that the time of download the blocklist is 10 second or more???
The life is sow, but f**k you free.