[Plugin] Pieces Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
kitrule
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Pieces Plugin for 1.2 (gtkui)

Post by kitrule »

I don't think you needed to recompile it and if you go to the plugin settings in Deluge you can change the colours from black to something else.
Captain Salty

Post by Captain Salty »

Noob here, i just got deluge for this plugin but don't know how to install version 0.3
version 0.2 was a straightford .egg file, but how do i install the 0.3 zip ?
deluge 1.3.1 win32 setup

EDIT: figured out i needed to rename the .zip to .egg
nick
New User
New User

Post by nick »

(Jan 5 2011) Version 0.4 Released
  • Fix a nasty segfault bug from 0.3
  • Easy select of multiple pieces using Shift/Ctrl
  • Big speed improvement for torrents with lots of pieces
  • Ability to always set first un-downloaded piece priority to high to enable watching of movies before they are completely downloaded.
Still won't work in headless (client/server) mode, but that's the next thing I'm working on, promise :)
nick
New User
New User

Post by nick »

New version is out!

(Jan 18 2011) Version 0.5 Released
  • Support client/server mode (i.e. not "Classic" mode)
  • Webui support (only displays piece status, no priority info/setting)
  • Some minor bug fixes

At this point, the only thing I have left on my list is getting piece priorities shown and settable from the webui. Please reply if you have any other feature requests.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Excellent Nick, just updated and its working nicely with my client/server setup. :D
allouh
New User
New User

Post by allouh »

I have to login to say thank you.
With this plugin implemented you brought me back to my newb days when i first started using torrents and i asked for a client that support this feature.
And now after four years i got it :)
Glieb

Post by Glieb »

Thanks for this plugin. This really makes Deluge great. I think it's very useful for sequential downloading using the 'set high priority for first non-downloaded piece'. I wonder why I have seen no such thing on any other torrent client. Now I can just download and watch a video at the same time!

About the warning message that pops up when you first activate the feature: the 'un-socialness' is not very important I think, as there are always some peers in a large swarm that are downloading everything, so they compensate for the ones who do sequential downloading. And for a small swarm with only one or two peers all pieces are evenly scarse, so it doesn't matter anyway. We should only be careful with small swarms with a low seed/peer ratio, but then you cannot attain a high speed typically, so there is no real need for sequential downloading.

One feature request though: could you make the 'set priority for first not downloaded piece to high' to become 'set priority for first X not downloaded pieces to high', where X is some number, ideally able to be set using an input field. That would make it more useful for those torrents with large swarms that have multiple seeds you can download pieces from at the same time. And also more useful if the first not downloaded piece is uploaded to you by a very slow peer.

That would make it even better. Thanks in any case!
elcamilo

Post by elcamilo »

there should be some problem with th new ubuntu natty or with kde4.
Is it required some particular python version to run Pieces correctly?

I'm gonna install python2.6 and will tell you about; but you could write a Pices version python2.7-compatible. Or maybe 3..

regards.

EDIT: by me, under ubuntu natty Pices do not work not even with python2.6 installed!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Installing python2.6 will have no effect as python2.7 is the default for natty. you need a python2.7 egg.
birtuma

Post by birtuma »

There you go, only for you man... ;)

Waffen-SS

Don't tolerate nazis and nazi symbolism in respect to all killed people by them. Or you can be ignorant...
Attachments
Pieces-0.5-py2.7.egg
(26.65 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
Last edited by birtuma on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.