[Plugin] Pieces Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
elcamilo

Re: Pieces Plugin for 1.2 (gtkui)

Post by elcamilo »

I use this colors, better according to deluge drops colors, I believe.
Attachments
pieces_deluge.jpg
pieces_deluge.jpg (153.2 KiB) Viewed 17154 times
kitrule
New User
New User

Post by kitrule »

Thanks for what appears to be a great plugin.
Please fix it so that it'll work with daemon mode. My daemon and gtk client are on different computers so classic mode isn't a solution.

Edit:
I spent last night looking through the code myself. Could this be a bug in Deluge? The other thing that ocured to me was that the component.get("TorrentManager") only works if it's run on the core side (as opposed to gtkui side) and it doesn't matter in classic mode because both core and gtkui are running under the same process (an assumption, I didn't check)... and I'm no python coder. I tried searching some of the other plugins I have installed for TorrentManager calls that work but couldn't find any.
cgibbard

Post by cgibbard »

It would be nice to have some way to indicate the priority of each piece without having to mouse over them individually and hover (maybe colour one corner of each square based on the priority, maybe draw a border around each)

It would also be pretty cool if instead of using the right click menu to set priorities one by one, there was a way to "draw" priorities onto the pieces, similarly to a pencil tool in a paint program. Have a toggle button (with a pencil icon) and a strip of option buttons (to select priority), and then if the toggle button is on, clicking and dragging across the pieces will cause them to change to the selected priority. Obviously this interface only makes sense if priorities are displayed visually, so the user gets feedback while editing them.

Another thing which would be useful is a quick way to tell which file(s) belong to each piece. The tooltip wouldn't be too bad of a way to display that, though there is probably something a bit nicer. Maybe a "statusbar"?
alexrayne
New User
New User

Post by alexrayne »

hallow.
i use deluge deluge-1.2.1-win32-setup-2.exe with
gtk-2.12.9-win32-2
pygtk-2.16.0.win32-py2.6
pygobject-2.20.0.win32-py2.6
pycairo-1.8.6.win32-py2.6
pywin32-214.win32-py2.6
pygame-1.9.1.win32-py2.6
pyOpenSSL-0.10.winxp32-py2.6
pyxdg-0.19

plugin Pieces-0.2-py2.6.egg was well setup, but pieces page displays nothing and error log has such messages:

exceptions.KeyError: 'TorrentManager'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "deluge\ui\gtkui\peers_tab.py", line 359, in _on_query_tooltip
AttributeError: 'gtk.TreeView' object has no attribute 'get_tooltip_context'
File "deluge\ui\gtkui\peers_tab.py", line 359, in _on_query_tooltip
AttributeError: 'gtk.TreeView' object has no attribute 'get_tooltip_context'
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have installed the plugin and I get the same blank Pieces tab.

Deluge 1.2.1
Ubuntu 9.10
GTK Client connecting to headless server
proDOOMman

Post by proDOOMman »

I hace deluge installed form ppa deluge-team and pieces plugin doesn't work. I try versions 0.1 and 0.2. Deluge throws exception:

Code: Select all

File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentdetails.py", line 383, in _on_switch_page
    self.update(page_num)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentdetails.py", line 367, in update
    self.tabs[name].update()
  File "/home/prodoomman/.config/deluge/plugins/Pieces-0.2-py2.6.egg/pieces/gtkui.py", line 268, in update
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/component.py", line 245, in get
    return _ComponentRegistry.get(component)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/component.py", line 113, in get
    return self.components[name]
KeyError: 'TorrentManager'
Unhandled error in Deferred:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 249, in run
    self.__run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 293, in simulate
    self.runUntilCurrent()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 778, in runUntilCurrent
    call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/task.py", line 194, in __call__
    d = defer.maybeDeferred(self.f, *self.a, **self.kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 117, in maybeDeferred
    result = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentdetails.py", line 367, in update
    self.tabs[name].update()
  File "/home/prodoomman/.config/deluge/plugins/Pieces-0.2-py2.6.egg/pieces/gtkui.py", line 268, in update
    tor = component.get("TorrentManager").torrents[selected]
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/component.py", line 245, in get
    return _ComponentRegistry.get(component)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/deluge/component.py", line 113, in get
    return self.components[name]
exceptions.KeyError: 'TorrentManager'
I have TorrentManager in file /usr/share/pyshared/deluge/core/torrentmanager.py
kitrule
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Pieces Plugin for 1.2 (gtkui)

Post by kitrule »

0.3 doesn't fix it either.
JensTimmerman

Post by JensTimmerman »

cgibbard wrote:It would also be pretty cool if instead of using the right click menu to set priorities one by one, there was a way to "draw" priorities onto the pieces, similarly to a pencil tool in a paint program.
I found it extremely annoying to have to right click each piece by turn to change the priority,
so I added an option to drag the mouse over the pieces to select multiple pieces at once before right clicking and setting the priority.

I pushed my changes to nick and this change is now in the 0.3 version.
(this + 'the option to set individual pieces to don't download' are the only change btw, so it's still only working in clasic mode)

Hope this is useful to you to.

btw there's also the plan to at add a checkbox: 'prioritize first needed pieces' so you can kinda stream movies (start watching whilst still downloading). but this depends on my needs for it and/or the need for it (let me know if you would like it, I am a bit hesitant because it is against the bittorrent protocol...)
kitrule
New User
New User

Post by kitrule »

Thanks for the explanation of what the difference between versions was. I couldn't find a changelog when I was looking for it.
Rob01

Post by Rob01 »

I've recompiled the plugin under Fedora 14 and pythn 2.7... it does not load in daemon mode, you just get a blank tab. In classic mode it loads, BUT all the piece squares are *black*. Thus it does not work.

Could the whole thing be tested and recompiled to work properly under the *current* version of Fedora (and I assume similar problems with other current versions of linux)?