[Plugin] Pieces Plugin

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
elcamilo

Re: [Plugin] Pieces Plugin for 1.2 (gtkui)

Post by elcamilo »

birtuma wrote:There you go, only for you man... ;)
you're so kind ;)

regards
damour

Post by damour »

Please write a Pices version python3.2-compatible
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

damour wrote:Please write a Pices version python3.2-compatible
Deluge does not work with Python3 yet so there is no way any plugins will be.
shirish
Seeder
Seeder

Re: [Plugin] Pieces Plugin

Post by shirish »

dear nick,
first up, thank you for a wonderful plugin. There are a few niggles,issues which are either part of the plugin or deluge itself .

In this please assume/presume that the .torrent I am downloading is a large multi-file torrent and I want to download sequentially.

a. The knowledge about the piece is minimalistic. I do not know anything about the piece other than a number. I want to know more as in which file does that piece belong to.
b. There is no knowledge as to how many pieces are making a specific file inside a large torrent.
c. Are there any plans to make the pieces be something like an .svg or something.This way they could be enlarged or diminished as per user wishes.

I know its a mix of wishlist and perhaps more of usability bugs. Looking forward for what could be done in the next release. Is there somewhere I can look in what could be pursued in the next release of the plugin. Here's my environment.

Code: Select all

$ python --version
Python 2.7.2+

Its on Debian sid with deluge 1.3.3-2 and pieces 0.5 as the plugin.
Debian Sid, Intel Dual-Core, 512 kbps DL , 64 Kbps UL, deluge-1.3.5, pieces plugin, GNOME 3.4.x

All posts under creative commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
deluge001

Post by deluge001 »

Sequential mode doesn't seem to work well. Pieces are 256k, torrent size is about 500M. I think the count of pieces to prioritize should be far more than one, about the same as peers count maybe.
snapshot8.png
snapshot8.png (4.88 KiB) Viewed 17420 times
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

Nick, this plugin contains a bug. This bug has bothered me for the last 1.5 year. Today i finally managed to pinpoint what causes this bug.

Bug:
If you activate this plugin (tried only with Pieces 0.5), your webui doesn't refresh anymore. It even doesn't show you that it has been connected to deluge-daemon. I first thought its because i have a lot of plugins activated (YaRSS2, Extractor, Scheduler, Blocklist), but later on i discovered that i doesn't matter if you have 2 activated and yes one of them Pieces, then this bug appears.

I would say take a look at it, because it is just annoying. Great plugin concept though.

Extra: My Python version is 2.7.3-0ubuntu2
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
greenwich

Post by greenwich »

Question: Does the "(A-Z) Higher" option just add another level of priority with a weird icon or does it have some sort of auto sort function?
Attachments
pieces_a-z.png
pieces_a-z.png (6.27 KiB) Viewed 17295 times
elcamilo

Post by elcamilo »

Pieces works no more with Deluge latest 1.3.6, it can't be loaded/enabled in plugin section.
About Deluge: Deluge PPA for https://edge.launchpad.net/~deluge-team/+archive/ppa, Ubuntu Quantal 32bit

regards.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Do you have a log?
elcamilo

Post by elcamilo »

Cas wrote:Do you have a log?
No but, to be honest, Pieces is between tabs in default GUI, and I can enable it in Settings >Plugins: it just doesn't appear, when enabled, in Category (Settings) and I can't edit options such as pieces colours. Default colours stands. That's all, in fats it works...