[Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
i6henl

Re: [Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Post by i6henl »

After adding, the plugin page shows:
The AutoAdd plugin is enabled however there is no WebUI preferences page implemented yet for this plugin.

In the meantime please use GtkUI preference page to configure this plugin.
How to configure? I need a detailed step, thanks~
_rusty_

Post by _rusty_ »

i'm having an issue with this plugin that disables the watchdir's i've setup on restarting the server.
i'm using a cronjob to restart deluge very 24hr for cleanup/maintenance reasons.
i've noticed that on Rpi's deluge would sometimes not download at all. Restarting fixes this issue.
what does happen is that the selected directories gets disabled.
This probably has something to do with this feature needing to be enabled using a GTKUI.
Since there is not WebUI implemented this results in me not being able to remotly do this using the webinterface i've forwarded.
Currently this works with me connecting using deluge on a Windows and having to manualy check the box, press aply and watch the deluge add 5 -20 torrents.

This behaviour looks by design as no webinterface is implemented? will this be changed in the near future?
I would like to add that it is also not possible to activate the autoadd feature using console commands.

any insight in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
DjLegolas

Post by DjLegolas »

i6henl wrote:After adding, the plugin page shows:
The AutoAdd plugin is enabled however there is no WebUI preferences page implemented yet for this plugin.

In the meantime please use GtkUI preference page to configure this plugin.
How to configure? I need a detailed step, thanks~
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient

_rusty_, I'm currently in the process of making the webui interface:
slvrdragn

Post by slvrdragn »

So i've been running with this plugin for a while and notice a couple things which are preventing it from working for me as expected.

1. i throw a small text file (.holder) in folders to keep them from being deleted if empty. This seems to make autoadd very unhappy.
2. After removing the holder files, nothing seemed to autoadd, even after a full restart.
3. using my TV folder as an example. There were 700+ torrents (only 1 of which were already added) and they added fine manually, but auto add was completely ignoring them.
4. my one import folder is 14k+ files, this may be an issue, depending on prioritization.
I'm not clear what to do here, it just doesn't seem to want to autoadd anything.

Any help is appreciated.
FreebsdDeluger
New User
New User

Post by FreebsdDeluger »

theslut wrote:EDIT:

I reinstalled the packages, which seem to clear out my configs, and now the plugin appears to be working correctly. I will get back to you if it happens again with a log.

It's very strange this seems to have resolved the problem. It was a brand new installation anyway.
What do you mean by reinstalled the packages? Do you mean reinstalled the plugins?

I am having this exact same problem, when I add a file to my watch directory it will add the torrent but, not remove it. When I check the watch directory it still has the torrent file in it, I check my deluge settings and the watch directory is now disabled. I never had this problem before, it seems after updating Ubuntu it started happening.

I am using cifs network mounted directories and have the permissions on the host set as 777 for all directories. The host is NAS4FREE 11.1.0.4 - Atomics and the client is Ubuntu16.04.3 LTS. Deluge is installed on the Ubuntu machine and has the NAS4FREE cifs shares mounted. Deluge will download to its local hard drive, then, using the copy completed plugin, will copy the completed files to the network share. This was working flawlessly for me until recently.

I run this command on the client machine for the network shared directories:

Code: Select all

ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 
these are the permissions for all watch directories, I am guessing because it is a network mounted location.

The host shows:

Code: Select all

ls -la
drwxrwxrwx 
Could I possibly create one directory for each of my watch directories that is a local directory and link it to the network directory to solve this issue? Is this an improper way to do this? The reason I am doing it this way is because the host machine is already set up with sftp and that is how I get my torrents to my machine when I am away from the LAN. I suppose I could setup sftp on the ubuntu machine and that should solve my problem but is there an easier way?

If anyone could help me I, I would be very grateful. :D :D

Thanks
flipside
New User
New User

Post by flipside »

DjLegolas wrote: _rusty_, I'm currently in the process of making the webui interface:
Hi,

Did this ever come to fruition?

Thanks.
DjLegolas

Post by DjLegolas »

Yes, the WebUI interface is now part of the develop branch as of 12th of July.
fig2k4
New User
New User

Post by fig2k4 »

Did you ever fix the problem of the watch folders getting disabled? It's so frustrating that the folders get disabled after loading torrents one time. The built in Deluge auto add doesn't work for me either.

I couldn't find another way, so I edited the code and removed the "enabled" option completely. If I want to disable a watch, I just remove the watched folder.
idiocracy
Leecher
Leecher

Post by idiocracy »

fig2k4 wrote:Did you ever fix the problem of the watch folders getting disabled? It's so frustrating that the folders get disabled after loading torrents one time. The built in Deluge auto add doesn't work for me either.

I couldn't find another way, so I edited the code and removed the "enabled" option completely. If I want to disable a watch, I just remove the watched folder.
How did you do that?
Also, label conflicts, if label is enabled it will disable autoadd. Removed label and autoadd works fine.
tiwas
New User
New User

Post by tiwas »

Hi,
This might be "the solution" for me, but...not sure ;)

I've got deluge running on an external server, but I need to have my blackhole locally (jackett). Is there a way to monitor a local folder (when the client is running) and add them manually? Is there some other way of pushing .magnet links to an external server?

Thanks!