[Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
gazpachoking

[Plugin] AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2+

Post by gazpachoking »

This plugin allows you to create multiple watch folders. Deluge will add any torrent files in these folders automatically. You can set bandwidth limits, download location, label, and other options per watch folder. Let me know of any problems you encounter.
Screen:
(add/edit watch folder dialog, both tabs)
Screenshot-Watch Folder Properties.png
Screenshot-Watch Folder Properties.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 99702 times
Screenshot-Watch Folder Properties-1.png
Screenshot-Watch Folder Properties-1.png (42.06 KiB) Viewed 99702 times
(12/19/2009) Version 0.26:
Fixed label bug
Added add paused option
(12/24/2009) Version 0.27:
Fixed bug on Windows
(1/20/10):
Added python 2.5 egg
(3/20/10) Version 0.28: (included with 1.3rc1)
Warns user when read/write access is not available for watch folder
Skips torrents with invalid encoding in file name (as per andar's fix from the core autoadd)
(7/2/10) Version 1.0:
Adds queue to top (or bottom) option.
Allows appending an extension rather than deleting a torrent once added to deluge.
(9/13/10) Version 1.02: (included with 1.3)
Fixed bug when adding torrents with unicode characters.
Fixed bug where watch folders would not show when plugin was first activated.

Latest version can be found here.
Note that this plugin is included with Deluge 1.3+
Last edited by gazpachoking on Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
theslut

Re: AutoAdd (multiple watchdir) plugin for deluge 1.2

Post by theslut »

Hi,

This plugin is perfect for what i need!

I do have three problems with it though.

1. The torrent is still left behind. Would be good if you can remove it after add.
2. The enable checkboxes keep getting unchecked. Rechecking and pressing apply has no effect.

Another thing i noticed was it doesn't follow the full allocation rule but seems to apply the files as it picks up pieces for them.

But thanks for it!
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

theslut wrote: 1. The torrent is still left behind. Would be good if you can remove it after add.
It shouldn't be. It should be removed as soon as Deluge adds it to the session. Does the user you run deluge as have full access to the watch folder?
2. The enable checkboxes keep getting unchecked. Rechecking and pressing apply has no effect.
Hmm, I have not experienced this either, does double clicking on the checkbox work? So, the plugin is working, but the checkboxes remain unchecked?
Another thing i noticed was it doesn't follow the full allocation rule but seems to apply the files as it picks up pieces for them.
This plugin should add torrents to deluge using all of your default settings (except for the ones you specify to override in the watch folder settings.) If you have full allocation enabled, it should be enabled for all torrents added by this plugin.

If you continue to have problems, make sure you have the most recent version of deluge, and try running deluge and the daemon in debug mode and see what kind of messages end up in the log. Also post what OS you are using, on both the client and daemon machine (if they are different.)
theslut

Post by theslut »

Yes, i have full access to the watched folders. One was home and the other was home/Desktop.

I am running Ubuntu 9.10 x64.

I am running the latest rc4. I noticed in the rc5 update it had something related to checkboxes and plugins so maybe it's a problem with the application and not the plugin.

I will upgrade to rc5 as soon as I can....or do you recommend a particular version to test the plugin with? I can use that one since using release candidates isn't probably fair to the plugin and bug finding. The reason i used rc4 was because that was the latest ppa build.

Your plugin concept is absolutely perfect though....i love it. It allows me to store content as I want to just be saving the torrent in another location :D
theslut

Post by theslut »

Ok, upgraded to the rc5 and the problems still persist.

If i download a torrent to the Desktop, for example, it is imported but the file is not removed. If i download another file to the Desktop it doesn't import at all. If i delete the torrent files manually and then download another to the Desktop it imports.

Actually, I am testing it now with 2 directories and now nothing imports at all. Even if the dirs are empty of torrents :(

Ok, now i've gone back into the plugin settings and both the checkboxes are unchecked again. So something super buggy is going on.

I have full access to all the folders I am importing from and to where the torrents are supposed to go. Running Ubunut 9.10 with rc5 PPA.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

theslut wrote: I have full access to all the folders I am importing from and to where the torrents are supposed to go. Running Ubunut 9.10 with rc5 PPA.
The only thing I can think of that would cause behavior like this is not having modify access to the folder. Are you running deluged as the same user you are logged in as? I'm going to do some more testing to see if I can reproduce this. If you could post debug logs from both the daemon and gtkui during a run where a torrent import failed, it would be helpful. I hope we can figure this out.

EDIT: I can reproduce this when the daemon is running as a different user with only read access to the watch folder. The plugin is automatically disabling your watch folders after it fails to delete the .torrent files.
theslut

Post by theslut »

EDIT:

I reinstalled the packages, which seem to clear out my configs, and now the plugin appears to be working correctly. I will get back to you if it happens again with a log.

It's very strange this seems to have resolved the problem. It was a brand new installation anyway.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

theslut wrote:EDIT:
I reinstalled the packages, which seem to clear out my configs, and now the plugin appears to be working correctly. I will get back to you if it happens again with a log.
It's very strange this seems to have resolved the problem. It was a brand new installation anyway.
Glad you got it working. Not sure why that could have been happening, but it definitely seemed like a permissions problem.
theslut

Post by theslut »

Oh i just wanted to add that full allocation still doesn't seem to work. I have a torrent with no seeders and the directory is empty.
gazpachoking

Post by gazpachoking »

theslut wrote:Oh i just wanted to add that full allocation still doesn't seem to work. I have a torrent with no seeders and the directory is empty.
I'm not sure that is an indication that full allocation is not working. Can you change the priorities of files within your torrent? If so, full allocation is working. This plugin does not affect allocation settings unless you instruct it to.